Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I love, love

(These pictures are of some of my favorite couples)
I love seeing pure affection. I love seeing the sweetness in people's eyes when they look at each other and you just know they are in love. I can't get enough of watching the sweet exchanges of hello kisses and goodbye hugs. I always swoon every time Matt's hand slips into mine. I just love, love and I always have.
Even when I was a single chick, I loved Valentine's Day. It's quite a commercial holiday, but it helps you get back on track for remembering who is important in your life. Along with birthday's, anniversaries, and family reunions. And in between those larger life events you find these days where you feel overwhelming, contagious love for everyone around you. Just because.
I love seeing my friends find people, fall in love, and find their way to marriage. Love just makes life bearable, it makes life live able, it culminates all that life should hold.
I believe that God built life in steps so that we could experience degrees of love. Starting when we are children, we found love for our parents, grandparents, sisters and brothers. As we grow older we suddenly find ourselves finding the other gender attractive, and mysterious. Puppy love carries us through Junior High and High School where we could very well find someone we would like to carry on with throughout our lives. We experience the first feelings of true love; a warm feeling in the heart, sweaty palms, and jittery moments when that person moves in for the first peck on your lips. You couldn't have dreamed that anything could be so perfect and then you get engaged. Your heart grows three sizes more for person, you love them more than anyone before. You think about them all the time and the life that you will soon have with them.As the days till marriage grow shorter you can't bear to part and you keep saying, "Soon, instead of saying Goodbye, we'll be able to say Goodnight" The wedding day comes and your heart swells even more, and you know your life has never been this happy before.
I believe that God did this on purpose. He built our hearts to grow as we grow older so that it can hold more love. And more love we will feel as we continue through life.
I love, love. If you haven't found your "one" and only yet don't be discouraged. God has a plan and he will lead you to each other. Keep the faith and love those around you and much as you can.

1 comment:

Natalie and Remington said...

Hey I love, love too! I would also like to add that once you have children, you experience a whole new love for your spouse. My favorite love so far :) and the love for your child is indescribable.