Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Blessings: My Body


I try and get on the being grateful bandwagon every year but always procrastinate till thanksgiving day . So while it's on my mind I'd like to take a moment to express mg gratitude about one aspect of my life, ill try my best to write everyday this month ... but you never know what will happen. 

One thing that comes to mind is the body that I have been given and of course being the girl I am, I sometimes dislike things about my body but overall I truly am grateful for it. 

I am grateful for the breath I take every morning as I stretch for the day. 
The stretches, the muscles that move and contract to create strong and fluid movements throughout the day. I'm grateful for the eyes that can see and the nose that smell beautiful foods, fresh rain and Matt's cologne. I'm grateful for hands which can play a beautiful melody on the piano, wipe away someone's tears and grasp my husbands hands to show my love for him.
 I'm grateful for my arms, the elbows and the wrists which can help catch myself when I fall, carry a cute niece or nephew, and can bring people into a loving embrace .
 I'm grateful for my legs , the ankles, and the knees which enable me to walk to the bus stop, work hard at work and keep up with the younger kids I get to associate with.
 I'm grateful for my working heart , the real life battery.
 It is amazing the life is gives without a second thought from me. 
I'm grateful for the blood it pumps through my veins which enable mobility. 
I'm grateful for my nerves which give me sensation. Soft, slimy, hard, shocking, hot, cold.
 I'm grateful for my brain and all that it controls and brings to life.
 I'm grateful for it's many tunnels and pathways to transmit information. 
I'm grateful for it's ability to retain information, to learn and remember countless facts and memories to be brought and used in good days and bad. 

I'm grateful for my body and the healthy state it is in. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post! And your new blog format is super cute! I'm grateful for a friend like you who tells me I'm good at Zumba. haha!

Alyssa said...

That is the cutest picture ever!

Lara Anderson said...

Is that a screen shot from my wedding video? It looks familiar haha