Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Blessings: The Earth

I take the bus every day to school.
I take the bus every day to work. 
I take the bus anywhere I want to.
I have a lot of time to read a book, listen to music, peruse pinterest and zone out.
When I'm not doing any of those things I catch myself looking endlessly into the bright sky.
It's hues cascading from blues to oranges, reds to purples in a matter of hours. 
It is absolutely magnificent the beauty that is portrayed. 
Do I take these majestic pieces of natural art for granted, you betcha. 
I wish I could find the time to watch the rainbow that dances across the sky in a day's time.
I think that if we all took a few moments out of our day and look up at the sky we would find something beautiful to behold, something that is almost connected at the hip with God.
It is his art, everyday. 
I'm grateful for the sunrises which send from bright gliding beams of orange and yellow on the pillow, inching up towards my face as through slowly but gently telling me it's time to get up.
I'm grateful for the beautiful pathways of leaves which fall and dance in the wind and the breeze of cars passing by. 
I'm grateful for the sun's rays beating down my back as I walk home or to work. I'm grateful for the sun kissed glow that the fall leaves possess and the crispness of the air.
It's revitalizing. 
I'm grateful for rain, the soft, the pitter patter that awakens me in the middle of the night.
I'm grateful for snow fall and the softness it brings to the earth. It brings a stillness that is only found in few months of the year.
I'm grateful for the fresh water we have to drink and the many streams and ponds which all lead back to the ocean, I feel it has a deeper meaning:
To remind mankind that we will make the progress and accomplish the most if we but work together. We may live in different part of the world but consequently we are all connected. 

No comments: