Thursday, November 29, 2012

A little bit sappy, A little bit busy

I'll be honest, I have been SO busy.
I'm a lover of feet pictures...I think I might print this one.
     Right now I am taking 16 credits in school, having to write a complete synopsis of what happened in a three week classroom teaching experience, apply it to psychology terms and writing many pointless papers about the history of education and getting a point or two docked off my papers just because the professor doesn't want to hand out an "A". I work hard in my classes and the professor(s) decide to not give every detail they need for projects, dock unnecessary points, or just want to screw us over...then again they have been incredibly helpful, open to questions and interested in us doing well. They really do want us to succeed in this program instead of fail. They want us to be incredible teachers and even though I don't feel I will be adequately prepared for my own classroom in less than a year and a half like one of my professors said, "You will fail, but you learn. You will cry, a lot. If not every day in the comfort of your home, you will cry in your classroom, to your spouse, or in your car on the way home." I'm a crier...I'm ready for this.
     I am working 20-30 hours a week at a job that I would call anything but my dream job. Most nights there really is nothing to do and sometimes the people I work with get on my nerves...but isn't that true with anyone that you spend too much time with?
     On that note, I was field partners (in the classroom experience for three weeks) with one of my best friends and it was a great time until we spent WAY too much time together. It was as if I didn't want to cooperate and I didn't want to collaborate on anything with her. I was so fed up with her taking over parts of the lesson plan that was mine, and telling me that I wasn't being forceful enough, and all in all a bad teacher. When I reflect back on it now we were both exhausted, both a bit hyped up on "I need to do well in this classroom and it's hard sharing the "stage" as a teacher" plus we just spent too much time together. When my friend and I were younger we would have week long sleepovers and by the end of the week we literally loathed each other and basically stopped talking to each other for a week just to have some air space away from each other. I think that happened this time in field. We love each other, but we just spent too much time together and therefore got sick of each other. I think it is good she is taking a nice vacation in D.C. for the weekend and I am here in Utah. I think I will like her along with continuing to love her more when she gets back and we've had sometime away from each other. I really do love and appreciate her as my friend and I would do anything for her at the drop of a hat. Just a saying, love her tons.
Am I the only one who has spent too much time with a best friend and then had to take some time away from them to blow off crazy girl steam and than everything was fine? 

This is my stage makeup...I love lipstick,
I'm not sure why I don't wear it more often.
    Matt and I are participating in the Hale Center Theater Orem's production of "A Christmas Carol" this December, we are both members of the mood setting Choir. He a tenor and I a Soprano. We had a first preview last night which went great beside me completely forgetting the words to the second verse of "Deck the Halls"...haha it's Deck. See. then Fast. (Those are the three verses in a form I hopefully won't forget) I don't know why but I keep psyching myself out and end up messing up the words even though I know that I know them. Blah. Matt and I have the. best. costumes. His is made up of some fancy red, blue, green, and black plaid pants with a beautiful blue jacket and black top hat (He was made for this era in time) which is accompanied well in my pink "cupcake" dress with adorning curls on either side of my face. I absolutely love my costume! I can't get over how much I love it. It makes me feel super pretty, feminine and dare I say, sexy? Haha, even people in Dickens time needed to feel that on occasion I'm sure.
    Like I said, "I am SO busy" Work, Show, School, Husband, ....haven't had time to clean the apartment...I hope that there isn't a smell that is starting to grow out of the pile of dishes left in the sink, the unattended toilet seat, and bathroom counter still covered in Halloween blood and makeup...
    If anyone wants to come clean my apartment I'll cook you dinner, or just hug you oober tight.
    No, I'm just kidding.

By the way here's the sappy part that the title lead onto:
I love my husband.
Did you see that one coming? Haha. 
But really, I'm serious. I truly head over heels love my husband and lately I have been kind of a whiny, crappy, sicky wife pants. I haven't been treating him as he deserves to be treated especially considering all he does for me. 
Stupid wife moment: The other day I discovered this horrible canker in my mouth...scratch that it was more of a crater in my mouth and it hurt so. bad. I was complaining about how bad it hurt but I wouldn't let Matt got to the store to get medicine for me because I'm a hard head and I think we don't have money (which we do, we actually are very well off in newly married terms). So here I am withering (over-dramatic) in pain at rehearsal and Matt says that after we finish that he was going to drive to Macey's to get some oralgel to put on it. We drove to Macey's and I sat in the car like a little child because I was "too tired" and "hurting too much" to get my butt off the car seat and walk into Macey's holding my husband's hand. He comes back a mere 10 minutes later and drives me home. I put some of the stuff on and head to bed but continue to whine about the pain insueing in my mouth. Matt offers to got get dissolvable bandaids for cankers and I gave in and let him go. I feel asleep while he was gone and when he returned he gently tried to wake me up. What did I do? I snapped at him. Here was the conversation that followed (I was a ....*****)
Matt: Hey Babe I have something that will help the canker
Me: Oh man Matt turn off the light and just turn on the lamp
(The lamp was on)
Matt: Babe the lamp is on, now you need to put this stuff on your canker, it will help
Me: *Groan*
Matt: Babe look here and see what I have.
Me: I'll put it on myself! *Grabs the Oralgel and slams the door after stomping into the bathroom*
Matt: ....*heads to bed*
Me: *Comes back to bed* I'm sorry Matt that was rude...I'm just tired...and I hurt... *Snore*
Matt: *Pats me on the back*
The sad thing? I don't remember anything from that night and I don't remember being that rude to him and I never want to coherently be that rude to him again. It was ridiculous and competely uncalled for, but if he hasn't left me seeing me like that I don't think he ever will. 

    He is amazing and I am so blessed to have him in my life...I think my next post will just be an "all about my husband post" why? I want to. I feel like I haven't written about how truly grateful I am for him in awhile. It's high time I do it more frequently and express it vocally. I love him and I never want him to feel that I don't, I don't know what I would do without him, ever. 

If read this all or even parts of this, props to you. Now go drink some hot chocolate or go buy a Cocoamotion at Walmart and a can of Mint Truffle Hot Chocolate and drink ALL OF IT! Ok, You don't have to. 

1 comment:

Adam B said...

I hate canker sores. I've found that toothpaste with sodium laurel sulfate aggravates/causes them. Also, I use Kanka to numb and protect them while they heal. And don't worry - good husbands forgive easily. :)