Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Roasted Chicken

Tonight Matt and I had Roasted Chicken for dinner.
I bought two large 7lb chicken's at Smith's for less than 10 dollars. That is 14 lbs of chicken for less than what you usually pay for just chicken breasts.
I took my sturdy and oh so welcoming crock pot and placed about 10 balls of aluminum foil on the bottom, so that the chicken's backside wouldn't become wrinkles from it's sweaty juices.
I washed the chicken bare skin off really well, threw away the giblets (which you could keep if you like giblet gravy and such) and proceeded to place the chicken inside the crock pot, on top of the foil.
Dashed with a little Paprika for color and Herbs Provience for taste and stuck the lid on for 8 hours.
Let's just say it turned out awesome! 
It was super moist, fall off the bone delicious. 
I believe next time I'll try injecting this bird with some juices or butter. 
It was meant to be...
Go make yourself a chicken!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You lil cooking you! Today Ammon and I made homemade pizza with whole pizza crust. It was delicious, but that is about the extent of my cooking. Maybe one day I'll be more of a wonderful cook like you! :)