Saturday, June 1, 2013

Strangers are just family we haven't met yet.

During the school year I have time and time only for the reading of textbooks, articles, periodicals, and writing about them. I have no time for the leisure reading that takes me to other worlds, helps me meet new people, and cry, laugh, and experience things beyond my life; I had strangers needing to be met, needing to be read, and have their lives be experienced.
 
This summer has been great for many reasons so far, but one of my favorite; I have been reading! 
I have been reading so much! 
While being planted in my rocking chair facing my two huge second story windows, I have met and followed Lucy, Edmund, Peter, and Susan.
 I have met a man named Eddie and seen his life, his defining moments as a person,
 through others eyes.
 I have met Shasta and Aravis, Whin and Bree. 
Also all the creatures that reside in Narnia.
 I have learned more about the advent of Christ and his pre-mortal foreordained mission on this earth, to give all the way to eternal life AND salvation.
 I have just met Prince Caspian, who sounds quite like a fellow, who is dashing and yeah...he's cute. 
I hope to come to meet many new characters and creatures throughout my heavy reading summer.
I've become addicted to reading again, what fun this is! 

Also, if you want to follow my reading escapade, here is a link to my summer book list. 
You are more than welcome to suggest a book for me to devour this summer! 
I would be so happy if you did. 
Really, I would.

No comments: