Monday, June 3, 2013

Right Now

1. I'm sitting in our cluttered den looking around at the things we haven't picked up. It says a lot about the kind of people we are. There is an unfinished birthday calendar project to my right, with its brightly colored papers with my Grandma Joy's birthday on top, she died 4 years ago this September. There are two bags left open from the previous night; tortilla chips with lime and cinnamon apple rings. There is a yearbook laying on the ground from which Matt was reading a few nights ago trying to pinpoint a familiar face at work. I've begun drawing. My sketch book is sitting on my 60 year old chest that holds my dear memories of yesterday's past. And a empty cup with a silver spoon resting just above my wrist while I type from the small breakfast I had this morning, before going running with Leah. I'm trying to write more, can you tell?

2. I have been reading "Jesus the Christ" what a fire hydrant of knowledge that book contains. It takes me a good 10 minutes to get through one page of his writing, slowly reading each sentence until I absolutely think I have grasped the concept. I have felt a newer spirit enter my daily rituals now that I take time to read this book before falling asleep at night.

3. I have been reading through The Chronicles of Narnia series and I have loved getting to know these characters and what they have been experiencing. Before summer had started, I sadly had forgotten how much I truly love to read. I love to meet these new people and as a bystander live what they live, feel what they feel, and grow as a person from their experiences whether true or "made up".

4. I'm going to see one my best friends today, one I haven't seen since I had gotten married. I am so excited.

No comments: