Friday, March 22, 2013

Choir...the other love of my life


I have been singing in a community choir for the past two months or so. We have been learning this amazing song called, "I will rise". There is a trio that sings in the song and I had the opportunity to sing the Soprano solo which was a dream come true. I had heard and seen LDC perform this song just months after I left the choir to get married. I was jealous and was hoping deep in my heart for a day when I would be able to sing the song and maybe even sing the solo. Last night that dream came true.
Bro. Eggett had taken us through Pacem at least 5 times and I could see the "I will rise" music on the top of the organ, it was eying me and I was eyeing it back. I wanted to sing it so badly and I was determined to raise my hand if I offered for someone to try the solo. 
After we had practiced and almost memorized Pacem he directed the music to passed out and then for people who would like to try the solo to raise their hand. Jason Nordin's hand went up first, followed by a red headed girl who had sung the Alto part before. No Sopranos raised their hands. He began telling us a story and then proceeded to ask if any girls would like to try the part, reluctantly now, I raised my hand and was directed to come and stand at the front of the stand by the microphone. I was going to sing this solo! (I had been wishing to at least sing it once in my lifetime!) 
We continued to learn the opening Ooo's when Bro Eggett turned around and directed me to start singing. I did and I felt the spirit high and wide spread through the chapel. I loved it! Every minute of the five times I was able to sing with amazing voices. 
Highlights:
Bro Eggett commented that the red head and I had a beautiful blend.
Bro Eggett relating the song so beautifully to the passing of a 16 year old saving her brother from a river.
He said that he loved my voice and that it was beautiful. 
He said we all should receive a quiet sound of applause for how well we did together. 
Allie Morgan touched my leg and said she has always loved my voice, which means a lot. 
Bro Eggett and the pregnant sweet lady were emotional and crying. (Bro Eggett always claims it is allergies)
The spirit was there and it was wonderful, as is music. 
Now this song is stuck in my head and has been since last night, I love it so much.
I'm so happy we get to sing it in my community choir!!!!
It fulfills so many wishings 



Also, what do you think about my/our blog being called, "Little Wishings"?

No comments: