Thursday, February 10, 2011

Frogger

I came to school too early today and decided instead of heading home and not getting a single thing done, I would scale the 6 flights of stairs up to the top level of the library grab two chairs; one for my feet and the other for me bum and get to reading of the chapter that I would be quizzed on at 1pm this afternoon.
As I situated myself I got to listening to my good and old friend Pandora, they had a "suggestive" station that was a love station, and in the time of Valentine's Day around the corner I thought I would take a listen. I chose a Pop station, because I like Pop. I like the consistent beats that most, if not all, the songs have underneath all the other instruments strumming away. Over the course of the hour I was taken back to high school with songs that were huge at those dances us girls would takes hours upon hours to get ready for, for that special guy. Among them:

"The Reason" - Hoobastank
"Kiss me" - Sixpence none the richer
"You're still the one" - Shania Twain
"I'm yours" - Jason Mraz
"Follow me" - Uncle Kracker
"I don't want to miss a thing" - Aerosmith
"Hey there delilah" - Plain white T's
"Wonderwall" - Oasis
"I'll Be" - Edwin McCain
"Better Together" - Jack Johnson

Now the last one is what sparked this little random post. Jack Johnson's songs are very repetitive and if you strung them all together you probably would have a song that was 2 1/2 hours long because his timing doesn't change. But his lyrics are magical. They have a way of getting me to think and to take a moment out of the busy and the crowded thoughts to stop. In that moment of thinking I looked out the huge 2 story windows that I am sitting in front of and looked down on the parking spaces that people were winding in and out of. Behind that is the freeway, the cars going 75 miles per hour or more were in stark contrast to those moving slowly or even at a complete stop waiting for someone to pull out so they could pull in and rush to their class that they are now late for because of waiting 10 mins for that stinking parking spot.

Moral of this is that the parking lot and freeway reminded me of the game, "Frogger".
I was have expecting a large green frog to come jumping across the cement looking for a free log to jump to next and on the prowl for his next huge fly.

You know people don't always have to be profound :)

No comments: