Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 22 a letter to someone who has hurt you recently

I have not recently been hurt but I have recently hurt.

Dear.....

I have been listening to a book on Cd by Elder Neal A. Maxwell called, "All these things shall give thee experience" and it has really opened my ears, eyes, my soul to the reasons why we are are asked or pushed to experience certain trials. Some are of our own making and others are placed in by our Heavenly Father for our growth. The ones that give us the most grief in life though are those that are ones that are made by decisions we make. I can attest this by the situation I find myself in and how I have hurt someone. By my actions I caused pain, uncertainty and many other emotions. I have done this countless times to people that I love. We all makes mistakes and it is the hardest thing to do in life to ask for forgiveness from someone you have hurt.

A quote from the book on Cd that I heard last night was this, "He (Heavenly Father) even indicated that some of the weaknesses and infirmities given to us can actually become a strength to us. It is in our weakness in [the] extremity [that] Gods power [is] fully felt. Only when of ourselves we are helpless is his help truly appreciated."

I have weaknesses. I know what they are, and i'm working on them. And the gospel is the prominent thing in my life now and will continue to be. It's at the forefront of my mind and will not likely go away. I am helpless but He is helping me everyday. I can feel of His love for me and for the bounds I am making.

I'm sorry for the hurt. I'm sorry for the uncertainty . I will always love you. Even though my actions may suggest otherwise. You are my best friend, confidant, and mean more to me than the things of this world.


I am sorry from the deepest reaches of my heart
Love Brianna

No comments: