Sunday, October 27, 2013

The debut of gender...

Matt and I have had a lot going or us this past or so and I haven't had an ounce of time to just sit down and write about what has been going on.
Last Sunday for instance, we had the opportunity to have a "Gender Reveal" party with friends and family announcing the gender of our soon-to-be baby.

It all started on October 18th when we had our 20 week ultrasound.
I was a nervous wreck as Matt and I walked over to the OBGYN, which is less than a block away from our house. Many what-if questions were running through my head, just about as fast as my mouth was moving to keep me from throwing up.
Within 5 minutes of us checking in, they were prepared and walked us back to the room with the Ultrasound machine. I was asked to pull down my pants to my hips so that my growing belly was open and a clean slate or the Sonar that would be dealt through my body to take images of our growing baby.
It was an amazing experience, to say the least.
We saw, for the first time, our child. It was breathtaking. I really can't even find the words that can describe the feelings of awe I was experiencing. We saw the head, nose, mouth, spine, kidney's, beating heart, and little toes. Even now, it blows my mind that there is a living, growing human in my stomach.
It really is the miracle of life, isn't it?
Here are few pictures from the Ultrasound:
 All laid up, ready for display!
 Look at those ribs and toes!!!
 These are the arms, folded gently across the belly.
And the legs, one of which is draped over the other. 

After the Ultrasound we took the gender Ultrasound photo to Macey's grocery to get the "gender color" into filled cupcakes to later consume on Sunday night. 
We both kept jumping back and forth, trying to figure whether we were having a boy or having a girl. I had a dream about having a girl and a boy (haha, twins) and Matt had one where he was holding a girl. 

Finally, Sunday night arrived and we had quite the turnout of supportive friends and family, who were able to share in this exciting news with us, and also get free cupcakes! 
 Some dear friends; Tracy, Ashleigh, and Sarah
 Jeremy, Sariah, and Blue
 Rachel and Kevin, plus Tiffany and Cameron (who are expecting a baby girl any day now!)
 My mom and Wendy 
The whole group, a few had to leave early but we were so happy for their support. 

And thank goodness for technology! My brother James, who lives in Colorado and my father, who lives in Florida were able to be on Google Plus and take part in the reveal also. 
I loved that, that had worked out. 
Matt and I are pretty stoked, almost about the take a bite of our cupcake.

and....
It's a boy! 
March 2013, we will welcome a boy into our little family

And as I finish this, little boy is jumping around in my stomach. 
He moves in my belly just about as much as his dad tosses and turns in bed. 
They are ALREADY too much alike. 

I'm so excited (as I know quite well Matt is) that we get the opportunity to have a little Matt running around. 
Man this little kid is going to be spoiled. 

No comments: