Thursday, October 10, 2013

A good shoulder

My husband has a good shoulder.
It is strong, wide, and soaks up the tears on days when life seems as gloomy as the raining days of fall.

Recently life has been overwhelming. I have come to realize the responsibilities, instead of becoming less and less, are stacking on top of one another as life continues.
As we grow older, we have more to do and less time to do it.
And life seems more complicated with less time to think about the good things and more time to think about stuff needing to be done.

Thankfully this weekend is Fall Break for UVU students, which include myself. I have the opportunity to slow down, take my time, and just relax and reboot myself. I still have responsibilities like work, bills, and cleaning house, but I can take my time. I can breathe in the musky rain smell that seeps from the cracked windows and cozy on up to my husband. My kitty also helps, wanting to cuddle and be held more than usual. I think she can tell that I've been a little down.

Now, although life is a little overwhelming, I'm still in love with it.
I have so much to be grateful and not enough time or words to express the magnitude of gratitude I have for the blessings I have received.
I will say this:
My husband has one good shoulder, which I'm glad I can take advantage of everyday.


2 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

I totally know what you mean! I have felt the same lately. Remember how I was supposed to do all my homework yesterday? INstead I barely got out of bed because of my cold. Hang in there, and no you aren't the only one feeling overwhelmed. Thank the heavens for fall break- it was definitely needed :)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry! I had no idea you were feeling down. You always look so happy at work. I'm glad you have a good husband shoulder and Pax. (spelling?) And you have me too if there's anything I can do! Love you!