Saturday, October 12, 2013

Remembering what matters most

Even as I wrote the title for this page I knew that emotions were close to the surface.
Just as my last post said, I have been feeling incredibly overwhelmed and less than great these past couple days. I could make a funny statement and say I blame it on the pregnancy hormones, or to say that I just haven't had enough sleep. But what it really boils down to though is not trying. I haven't been myself because I haven't been trying to be myself.
Although my lethargic attitude towards life may have something to do with pregnancy hormones (fatigue is the worst, but worth it) I know that it's me not being as pro-active as I usually am.
As I was lying in bed this morning I was thinking about everything that I truly am blessed with and there are so many things. I know this is the month of scary, frightening, and halloween garb but I want to focus on the things that really do make my life great.

The one I want to focus on is my husband.
What would I did without this sweet man in my life? I wouldn't be the person I am today. Three years ago I was a completely different person. A person filled with so much regret and a mistake ridden life that she never thought she could be someone worth loving. Matt came home from his mission and that all changed. Suddenly I could see my worth as a woman and daughter of God because of the love that he showed me. Everyday, even now, he treats me as the most important thing in his life. I have yet to be able to return the favor for how special he makes me feel. I don't know what my life would be life without him. He is my rock and my absolute comfort (aside of the holy spirit). He is my team player and my biggest fan and I love him eternally and dearly. He is the reason I try so hard at being who I am. And he is the reason that I can keep going even amid the fatigue and necessary stresses. I love him and I always will. Forever and ever.

No comments: