Tuesday, May 7, 2013

When you see the world, do you wish you could change it?

You know...sometimes I wish I could legitimately express myself in song
or in writing
or in conversations I have with others.
I have a hard time telling myself that what I write, what I say, and what I sing are important for others to hear or to be recorded.
It's hard though, when you're not sure what to how to phrase what you want to say.

I have deep feelings about the way the world is going.
Going to pot it is.
It is losing it's viable beauty that made it so wonderful in the history books, or back when my grandparents were growing up.
But has there really ever been in a time in human history where everything was right, good, and praiseworthy?
As far back as my education has taken me and my mind seems to let me recollect, no. It hasn't.
This world has always had some vying for more wealth, power, and pure brute strength over someone else.
There has never been a time in this history of this world where people were just civil towards everyone they come in contact with.
We as humans have to have someone to blame for our problems or there wouldn't be any problems.
There wouldn't reality TV shows if we showed genuine concern and love for others.
There wouldn't be wars and calamities around the globe if everyone would just talk, and respect others opinions and beliefs.
Why can't I believe in my God while you believe in your 10 or no God at all.
Why can't anyone have the same amenities as me, day in and out. 
Why are there people on this earth that don't have water.
Why are there hundreds of babies in orphanages without a mother to coddle and cuddle them.
Why are there hundreds upon thousands of suicides each year.
Why is there so much wrong with the world.

The future is going to be much different for our generation than it was for my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles.
We, will not receive social security, we will not see a beautiful country full of beautiful people, we will not have the bright future which people 60 years ago lived in.
We have too many opinions in the world.
We have too many people believing that their way is the right way.
Why can't we all just be honest is saying that we all think we have it right, but we don't.
When their are differing opinions, someone gets the back hand of the deal.
The world is a place where you look out for yourself.
The world is a place where forgetting about the third world countries, sick and dying babies, and focusing only on self growth and gain in taught and silently revered.

We as a country revere those in the spotlight, the "chosen ones" who are given (on a daily basis) more money than any person should have.
What do they do with that money?
Spend it on clothes, fashion shows, award shows that don't give a dime back to the world.
I'm not saying entertainment isn't great, it is.
But when we idolize these people, we lose what really is important.

The people we should be idolizing are those we don't hear about on the news, the ones that give their whole lives to trying to change the world.
I, ungratefully, am not one of them as much as I would like to be. 
These people are one person against millions who are only thinking of themselves.
Including me.
There have been countless times, recently even, that I have only thought about myself.
I have only thought about money, food, and the future of me.
I've been quite selfish towards this earth, which can be beautiful but is crumbling all around us.

I'm scared for the future.
I wish I could change things, I wish I could help those who cannot be helped...
I wish I could do more.
But I am only one, I am only person who doesn't stand more than five foot two...on a good day.

When you see the world, do you believe it?
When you see the world, do you wish you could change it?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could change the world. But I can't. At least not on a big scale. But I can change my future children's worlds by being a good parent. And then those kids will change the world of others. And I can continue to change the world of those around me. And my own world. Those are the worlds that matter. You've changed my world for good. Do you know that? :) P.S. I'm loving the new blog look. :) And if you have any questions, let me know!