Friday, May 24, 2013

Brick Oven worker, just call me an Expo.

I have been loving my new job at Brick Oven.
I am what is called an Expo.
We have a special sampler which is unlimited salad bar, soup bar, and unlimited brick oven specialty pizzas with dessert pizzas to come after all is said and done, which I take around on trays to all those who ordered in the restaurant until they are done eating.
It is SO fun!
We have so many different kinds of pizza, I had no idea all of them existed.
Some of my favorites, since starting to work there:
1. Garlic Chicken (will always be number 1)
2. Chicken Alfredo
3. Lemon Chicken
4. Buffalo Chicken
5. All Meat 
6. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza (Ah-freakin'-mazing) 
I love having a tray propped up on my shoulder and me asking what pizza people want. I love being able to be a bright spot in their day and it's always a treat when someone smiles or laughs at something silly I said. 
It really is remarkable how many people there are in the world. 
Working at a restaurant I see that is the case more and more each day. 

Some other things I love about working there.
My co-workers. 
They are so friendly and everyone wasn't hesitant about finding your name and making sure that you knew there's. 
It also helps that my friend Leah works there. Seriously. So much fun seeing every now and then when we are working on our shifts. 

I feel that I am killing it, in a good way. I think I am really quite good at what I am doing right now. 
I love that I am constantly moving. The time goes by fast and I feel productive the whole time I am at work, because I am. 
I have gotten quite a few compliments on how hard of a worker I am and even today I got was is called a "Hustle Buck" that is a redeemable dollar towards anything in the restaurant. I received it for being super on top of things and "hustling" around the restaurant. So if I get one more I could get a free trip to the salad bar, free lunch, yum! 

Update on Matt:
He is working at Vivint. A security system company which is devoted to their customers and their safety. He is loving every second that he is there, especially seeing as he helps people understand the importance of having that system and keeping them safe. 
I am so happy that he is happy.
I think it is good for both of to have great jobs, that we love, that also brings in a relatively good amount of money. 

I am going to run a half-marathon in September. I even bought 85 dollars shoes to make it a official. It turns out that I over pronate which means that there is too much pressure being put onto one side of my foot which can lead to a lot of discomfort over a long period of time. 
I went running with these new shoes the other day (two days in a row!) and I could feel a slight difference. 
Plus I was taught that 180 beats per minute is the sweet zone that can me keep my stamina and endurance and stride more even and longer standing. 

Also I'm reading this little book for a book club with some ladies from my ELED Cohort. We are going to be discussing this next Friday and I am stoked to be finally doing this! 


So, that is an update, yep. 
Photos to come. 
ya know, when I think about taking some.

3 comments:

Adam B said...

I love that book. And I think it's great that you love your job. When I was a server at Olive Garden, the people. In fact, that's always the best part of a job, in my opinion. :)

Adam B said...

Whoa. Just realized my comment got cut off. I meant to say "the people were the best part." The end.

Unknown said...

Working in a pizzeria gives you the chance to get a closer look and sample their pizzas. My kids love pizza and they requested a pizza party for their new friends. I'm sure tons of Garlic Chicken will satisfy their pizza cravings. :)

IncrediblePizzaDesMoines.com