Monday, May 6, 2013

No need for a title.

I'm quite content.
It's a good feeling to have a clean apartment, have your belly full of good food, and your husband asleep on the bed because he had a fantastic first day of work.
Today I started, and finished, The Magician's Nephew, the first in the Narnia series. These books, I have never read and now that I have an exponential amount of time on my hands, I decided to read all of them. Finally.
As if 24 was a couple years later for reading these fantastic written books.
There were many times while I was reading the book that I saw connections to the gospel.
There have been many a person who have said there are religious stands taken within the pages of C.S. Lewis' novels.
I can see them clear as day, especially in the first installment.
There is a part in the book where Aslan creates Narnia.
It begins as a small humming, or sweet low song which eventually invites the lights in the firmament to appear, followed by the growth of vegetation and landscapes.
You read and see Aslan creating the day and night, the oceans and the shores, preceded by the creation of all the animals of the world.
The imagery that I was able to read and be apart of was magnificent. I love being taken out of my rocking chair window and thrust into another world, a world that is not my own. 
With sweet parting words, C.S. Lewis describes, perfectly, the rolling of life.
I loved it so much that I had to take a picture to share it with you.
It starts with, "When things go wrong...."
Isn't that the darnest and truest thing you have heard in awhile?
What fantasticism it is to have so much time to read, ponder, and enjoy the humming of the world to such an extent.

No comments: