Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Questions

I often find myself surprised at what God has planned for me. He has a way of making life bearable and continually flow like clock work.

I often find myself engaged in interesting thoughts; thoughts which are not anything new but I think about them. Like today, a few thoughts were running through my head such as:

Have you ever thought about how it is amazing that we can learn to read?
Have you ever thought about how amazing it is that we can learn to speak?
Have you ever though about the people who developed the alphabet?
Or the first time they wrote down a sound?
Have you ever thought about how amazing it is to have indoor plumbing, to have the bus system, to have cars?!? 
Have you ever thought about how industrious we are as a human people?
Have you ever thought about the vastness that surrounds the earth? 
Or the stars and planets that keep expanding the universe to more than we ever thought possible?
Have you ever thought about the clothes you have in your closet, which ones have you not worn in weeks? Months? Years? Could you put the clutter to better use?
Have you ever thought that nothing that happens in your life is coincidence? 

I don't think God works with fate, destiny, or with coincidence. 

For instance, this last week has been any interesting one. Filled with new opportunities, unexpected ones, and undesired change. 
Last Thursday Matt was fired from his job. 
His boss, who's name we'll call; Goop is not a very nice person. 
Matt did all he needed to. He was approved. Goop went on a power trip and docked him unfairly, resulting in his termination. 
Matt is now without a job.
On Monday our car decides to die in the Smith's parking lot in Provo. Battery won't start. I have no jumper cables. 
A nice lady helps me jump the car and I drive it right away to a car doctor. 
Now we're out of a car.
Matt doesn't have work...could that have happened at a better time?
Car gets fixed quickly, fan belt gets replaced and the car purrs with a cat being fed a half open can of tuna. 
My classes start at UVU.
I come home and I can't stop talking about them. 
I felt and feel like a young child on their first day of class, eager and ready for learning. Learning everything there is to learn about teaching, teaching other children. 
I'm a child at heart. 
Maybe THAT's why God has lead me to this profession. 
Maybe THAT's one reason Matt lost his job, so he has the opportunity to find a better one.
Maybe THAT's why I think these crazy thoughts.

Do I have answer to any of those questions? No. 
Did this blog post really have a map to follow? No. 
It's ok. Writing is Good. Writing is Therapeutic. Writing is what I need to do sometimes. 
Thanks for listening. 
One last question:
Have I ever thought that I could actually be good at drawing?
 Yes I Have. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a very well-written blog post! Sometimes the blog posts without a map end up being the best! :)