Friday, January 4, 2013

Prep and Early Morning

There are three days left before I start my last semester of my junior classes.
Right now I'm blogging in bed with Matt sound asleep next to me, his breathing slow and steady.
     I love these mornings where the sun is gently pushing its way through the blinds, tapping me on the shoulder to let me know what time it is. I love hearing the faint clicking of the clocks throughout our apartment, and the hours before anyone really makes a sound beside the noises of getting ready and waking up. I forget these mornings exist when I'm school.
     It has been nice to wake up at 8 when Matt is headed off to school, have time to workout, read my scriptures, ponder, take a shower, THEN get ready for the day. Although I've found that I can no longer clean or organize our apartment...it is spotless. So I am ready for a new semester, ready for my brain to be applied and to learn from those teachers what they know...that they know. I'm excited about school. I'm excited to see my cohort, some people more than others (Leah). I'm excited to have another whack at the 3 weeks in the classroom. I've done it once and now I know I what I can do better and what I should leave in the past.
     Just for my remembering power:
Field Work  
Do's and Don't
AND.....Enjoy what you are Doing.
I'm so kick butt for this semester, it's crazy!
Bring. It. On.
BTW: Did I tell the blogging world I got a 3.98 last semester? First in my life! 

2 comments:

pandaandlion said...

Brianna, I have not commented before but have been reading your blog for a while. You are one of those that I wish I got to know better in high school. :-) Way to go on the 3.98 GPA! I am going back to school too and my goal is to get straight A's. It is scary to reach for something that high, but such a good feeling if you actually reach it. I think education is a wonderful degree. If you think about it, you have the influence over the future politicians, teachers, businessmen, etc. in this world. Best of luck in your new endeavors!

Unknown said...

sniff, sniff. I feel honored. :)