Saturday, September 1, 2012

Things I do/don't need


  • I don't need to have washboard abs to feel good about myself
  • I don't need to be a class A chef to have my food taste really good
  • I don't need to have to understand this curriculum, design, and assessment book just yet..I'm just being overly productive
  • I don't need to have a clean house all the time
  • I don't need to always have the dishes in the washer before I go to bed
  • I don't need to clean out my car until it's spotless 
  • I don't need to care about what others think
  • I don't need to get offended at little things that are said as a joke
  • I don't need to do everything on my own
  • I don't need to be strong all the time
  • I don't need to do everything on my list by the end of the day, it can carry over 
  • I don't need to have the best voice in the world
  • I don't need to be the best student
  • I don't need to be liked by everyone
  • I don't need to be friends with everyone in my cohort
  • I don't need to be irritated that their are already cliques within my cohort
  • I don't need to be telling myself I won't be a good teacher
  • I don't need to be second guessing my decision to be a teacher
  • I don't need to compare myself to anyone else
  • I do need to believe in my capabilities 
  • I do need to believe that life is good
  • I do need to believe that I can keep up in my school work and do well this semester
  • I do need to believe that I will get better everyday 
  • I do need to believe that my friends and family love me
  • I do need to believe that I am a good cook
  • I do need to believe that I have a good voice
  • I do need to believe that I am beautiful inside and out
  • I do need to believe that I have a testimony of this gospel
  • I do need to believe that everyday is worth living 
  • I do need to believe that making mistakes are fine, but to learn from them 
  • I do need to believe that I will be a mom someday and be able to nurture and take care of my children
  • I do need to believe that I will be a good teacher
  • I do need to believe that people like me
  • I do need to believe that my dreams matter
  • I do need to believe that life is a test that I need to study for
  • I do need to believe that heavenly father will direct my path
  • I do need to believe that I can create a home that is filled with the spirit for Matt and I
  • I do need to believe that I am a daughter of God
  • I do need to believe that I have a purpose here
  • I do need to believe that God knows what he was doing when he told me to go into teaching
  • I do need to believe I am artistic, adventurous, worthy of friendship, good, righteous, kind, and attentive.
  • I do need to believe that I have the capabilities to not procrastinate my life
  • I do need to believe I can do (whatever that is at the moment) right now.

Ingrid Michaelson I have been on a kick of, her songs strike me every time somewhere deep in my heart, inside my head or within my tapping fingers. This is the song I've been obsessed with for an eternity it feels like and it has some ring to the post above. 


1 comment:

TamaraJean said...

You also need to remember that I am so very glad that an angel came in my life. I love you Brianna you have been a life saver in my life.

Love you
Mom