Wednesday, August 22, 2012

As long as you'll have me...I'm Yours

My husband, do you know who he is? 
He is amazing. I have been reading texts, quotes, and letters written by him throughout our dating and married time and it still amazes me how much this man loves me. He loves me so much and often I take his love for granted. He has always wanted me to reach a potential he saw deep down inside.

At the beginning of our dating I was broken, sad, and down on myself constantly. I didn't see the good within myself because of mistakes I had made in the past which my mind kept whispering in my ear that they defined who I was. He always has told me different, he has always seen who I would become, who I needed to be, and where that would lead me. He has always helped me get out of ruts, he has always held me when my life didn't seem worth it, he has always loved me from the start, never wavering..ever. The only reason we took a three month hiatus was because I felt "I needed it"...to "find myself" ...to "figure out my relationship with God". Those three months were the worst three months of my life and the whole time I was beating myself up for letting go of the one person on this earth who loved me more than I could ever comprehend.

As we continued dating I had an idea to go on a 3month service mission for my church to Nauvoo, IL. I would be there for 3months with no cell phone, internet, and all way of communication would be held through letters. He wrote me diligently as often as he remembered, as did I. He even came out to see me, he drove from Utah to Illinois for me and ate all MRE's and parked in run down walmart's to come and see me in something we both knew was important to me. He came which meant more to me that year besides getting engaged to him a few months later. Seeing him there defined my want to marry him. I wanted to be with this man for eternity and longer if God permitted.

After I got home from my mission, everything fell into place. We got in engaged, we made wedding plans and in April we were married for all time and eternity in the Mt. Timponogus Temple in American Fork. It was a day that will forever be held high in my memory. I cried numerous times that down out of complete and utter joy. I was now married to the man to I could have only dreamed of a few years before. He fought for me and I fought for him and love won.

I know this post is a little out of the ordinary but I have been taken over with feelings of gratitude for the man that I now share a life with. He is the one that I can see my family growing with and he is the one that continually makes sure I am being the best I can be. He never once makes me feel unloved, he is compassionate, so very patient, loving, stalwart, incredibly talented, amazing and the pure essence of incredible. Everyday more than we are married I see more and more things that I love about him, I learn more and I am grateful that I can continue to learn more about him. He is so complicated, yet so simple and humble. He has character, strength and is the mortar to my cracks. He completes me. He is and always will be my love.

As long as you'll have me, I'm Yours.


4 comments:

TamaraJean said...

Brianna honey that is just beautiful. That is how I have felt all along about you two. I can see who he is. He is an angel and so are you. I am very happy for you and Matt. You will always be taken care of. Love you both

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

Hey I have a favor! Email me!

Sarah Anne said...

Consider your marriage an example for what I want someday. Thanks for being proof that miracles happen. <3

Noah said...

I love it! You guys are rockin!