Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Good always follows...

Today:
I walked to work while reading "The Hobbit"
I worked for 8 hours straight, no break, but received a free sandwich from "Jimmy Johns"
I came home
My financial aid didn't go through meaning no free money
I have to take out a 5500 dollar loan for school
I freaked out, had a melt down and cried
I cried in the car and drove up into Orem
Talked with Matt on the phone while driving and crying about necessary debt
I was hysterical so I wasn't listening
I cried at Rauni's house
I complained about debt and how I shouldn't be in it
I cried some more
I started to feel better, who knew crying was such a release?
We talked about necessary debt
Spoken by a prophet of God, necessary debt is your first home, first car, and education
I have two years left of school till I finally graduate with a bachelor's
Will it have taken me almost 100 percent longer than the "ordinary" student in America?
Yes. 
Will I have a degree is something I will be good at?
Yes.
Who cares if it took me longer.
Who cares it I'm going to have debt.
Debt gets paid off.
The atonement teaches that.
Debt is a reminder to us to keep working hard, to keep asserting ourselves, and to give back for then we owe. 
It's a Christ-like lesson.
Christ gave everything and still gives more.
I take a small amount and am required to give more
I think debt is a way to remind ourselves of what is important. 
Education is important, I would not take away any of the years I've had in school. 
They have taught and exposed me to things I wouldn't have thought to do myself. 
It's a good thing, it's happening in the right time.
God has a plan. Where's my faith?
Even in the hardness of life there needs to be faith, just as there needs to be faith in the easy times. 
God wants to help, but he can only help if we believe he can help. 
God knows where he wants to take me, I just have to let him take the reigns
Good always follows when we trust in the Lord. 

 
 

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

Faith is a hard thing, chica. It's not something we're perfect at right away. Faith is one of those things we keep learning as we grow and change and experience life.

Things will work out. Just as you said, everything will work out. I promise. <3