Saturday, September 22, 2012

Is hard to be happy...

...When someone you love isn't. 
Tonight I found out that I was offered a role in the Hale Center Theater's production of
"A Christmas Carol"
I will be in the carols choir as a Soprano

I was excited and waiting for Matt's reply of what part he had been offered. 

I got my offer at 5:15.

6:15 rolls around
Nothing.
7:05
Nothing.
8:00
Nothing.
People are posting on facebook about their elation of getting into the show...
while my husband hasn't gotten anything.

*******

He didn't get an offer to be in the show this time...the cards weren't right.
I have a hard time being happy for my part when he didn't get one.
Does that logic make sense to anyone else?
I would rather be the one that didn't get it..
I can deal with rejection
I can deal with being over-looked
I can deal with being the one that watches others have successes. 

I am super over-protective of my husband
I don't want him hurt
I don't want him to feel like he can't do it
I don't want him to feel like he is incapable
I believe that no matter what he wants to do he can accomplish it

How can I be happy when we both didn't get it.
We're a team and I feel by doing this show alone 
I'm missing my most valuable partner in apart of my life ...


3 comments:

Mont said...

I feel the same way. I didn't even get a callback this year.
I'm super bummed. I know I can be a great part of an awesome show, and I'm sad that I didn't get a chance this year. Who knows I may make it up at the west valley hale or the scera. I can tell you one thing though, your husband is an amazing guy and I can't believe that he is not so happy for you and this opportunity that you got this year. He may not be at your side on stage this year, but he will be there for you smiling the whole way. Am I'm stoked for you and all my other friends that made it....not that I matter much
Lol.

Noah said...

Phooey. :( He has been part of HCTO for quite some time, and has been doing A Christmas Carol since he was a kid. I am a little annoyed to see them shut a couple like you two out. It would have been so fun to see the two of you perform together! So yeah, that's a huge bummer. But I know Matt is a talented guy, so it has nothing to do with that. Acts of God are usually the poorest understood. :)

Adam B said...

We were shocked he didn't get in too. Your feelings here were mine last year. Kristen didn't get cast (we found our later they didn't cast her because of the new baby), and it was hard for me to be happy for myself when I knew she was bummed out. But for us, it turned out for the best. I'm sure you'll find your silver lining too. :)