Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My husband's a SuperSTAR

Tonight Matt and I auditioned for "A Christmas Carol" at the Hale Center Theater in Orem.
I have always been scared to audition for things, but I continually push myself to do them...
...even if it results in myself being terrified when I'm in front auditioning. 
Tonight I sang the same song as I always do, "How Could I Ever Know" from A Secret Garden
I'll be honest, this song was made for my voice.
Ever since high school I have used it for my audition piece and every time it helps me come through.
I can hit notes in this song like I can't in others that have the exact range.
This song and I have a connection that will not be broken.
Tonight while I standing in front of that panel,
I was nervous.
Not afraid. 
I stood on my own two feet and when I felt scared and felt my lip would fall off from the trembling...
I thought of Matt and if I were to ever die (knock on wood) I would sing this song to him in a dream...
to comfort him with my passing. 
I sang it like I knew it should be sung.
Everyone of the panels eyes were on me, especially when I hit my high notes :) 
At the end of the song one of the owners of the theater directed a comment to Matt saying,
"You've got yourself a good one Matt"

If you wanted to know, Matt did amazing as usual. 
He sang, "On the street where you live" from, My Fair Lady and he rocks it every time.
The Hale's love him, Mr. E loves him, as do the costumers and everyone who was there auditioning. 
My husband is a super star
...you can be jealous. 

I have my fingers crossed that Matt and I get Fred and His wife cause how Matt put it,
"Then we could be a stage madly in love and so optimistic about life it wouldn't really be acting, it would just be us acting like we do with each other everyday. Completely and utterly in love."

Matthew Call, I wouldn't mind that one bit


4 comments:

Jessie said...

Cute and fun!
Doing a play with your husband is so fun! Eric and I are doing Seussical right now - he is in the pit and I'm one of the bird girls. :)
Enjoy this time of life!

Julie Wilding said...

I love this post :) I am sure you both rocked it!

Brianna Jean said...

Jessie: I love that you're doing Seussical with your husband! That is such a fun one!

Julie: Thanks, fingers are crossed! Hope you're doing well.

TamaraJean said...

Honey, I know why you are connected to that song. It is a prefect song for the one you love and it has big memories.