Thursday, September 27, 2012

5 months, new name

Tomorrow will mark 5 months that Matt and I have been married, crazy huh?
I can't believe it's been that long until I think about all we have done within that time. 
We have bought a new computer.
I started the Elementary Ed program
and I finally changed my name.
That's really what I was leading up to. 

Yesterday consisted of me, myself and I going from Pettit to Call
The steps:
District Office building
(1) marriage license copy
Social Security office
(2) Wait for 15 mins
(3) Realize I don't have passport
(4) Run home
(5) Make it back in time before number is called
(6) Officially change my name to Call to be recognized by the government
DMV
(7) Need to forms of mail to assure I live where I love
(8) Found said documents in the car 
---thank goodness for not cleaning it out like I was going to the day before
(9) Receive temporary license and insights on how to keep marriage strong
-Be a team
-See and believe the other to be your best friend
-Choose to love them, and love them no matter what
(10) Get to carry about this beauty for a few weeks...
Not a bad picture eh?

World. I am officially a Call.
Recognized by the country as a Call.
I can vote as a Call.
I can be called Mrs. Call for reals now.
I cannot be joked around with by Matt saying that our marriage was only "temporary" because I hadn't changed my name. 
World. I moved up in the alphabet and it is glorious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

About time you changed your name! Haha. It's a great feeling for sure. Thanks for reminding me that tomorrow marks my 5-monther as well. We both got married on a good day.

Sarah Anne said...

"I moved up in the alphabet and it is glorious."

Best line ever.