Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 3 your idea of the perfect first date

As I was thinking about the theme for today's post I was taking a look down memory lane, trying to remember if any of my first dates were the "perfect first date". And I was taken back to about three years ago, after I had graduated, to a date that I was taken on that was one of the most fun and unexpected dates I've been on.
Perfect date wants:
  • Good company
  • Dancing (if you like the guy)
  • Lots of talking
  • Memories that you would like to write down
The date I went on about three years ago was the homecoming dance the year after I graduated at Orem High. Matt Call (Good company) had called me on the phone (I know silly, but I liked him so I didn't care) and asked me if I would like to go with him. Inside I was flipping out. On the outside I was playing it cool and playing hard to get (us girls and our mind games) The dance was on a Saturday night so we figured out times and such and we hung up.
I had to figure out what I was going to wear and how I was going to do my hair, this was the last hoorah for high school and I was going with a guy I had wanted to date since I met him at the beginning of senior year. I called up my friend Blue and she helped with my hair, it turned out a little bit like Belle's hairstyle in Beauty and the Beast, bu
t more updated.
Saturday night came and promptly around 5pm Matt shows up to my house in his grandfathers suit from the 40's or 50's (it was so cool).
If you wanted a visual here you go:
He gave me a beautiful corsage and we headed to China Lily in Orem to meet up with the rest of the group. We ate some dinner (Lots of talking) and then proceeded to the dance that was being held at Orem High.
We saw some friends that were in the grade beneath us and we talked a bit but mostly stayed in our little group of super seniors!
Matt and I would always dance the slow dance together (
Dancing (if you like the guy)...(which I did)
and as the night continued on we would get a little bit closer and a little bit closer (haven't you girls ever gone on a date and the guy smells amazing? looks amazing? and is just amazing? Where you don't want the night to end? THAT: was this date) when the dance came to an end for the life of me I can't remember what we did...I think we have just taken everyone's dates home..he took me separately in his car. (Memories that you would like to write down) He walked me up to the door and we talked a little bit (I looked into those eyes and I wanted to kiss him right then and there, but, "what would he think of me" ..."would we still be able to friends if he didn't kiss me back"..."would his current girlfriend come hunt me down"..."dang he looks good" ... all these things were running through my head as it went quiet, the moon was out and there were no cars around. I could have easily just leaned forward and smacked him square on the lips right then and there...Did I? Did I?
No....too impulsive sadly :(
I said,"My mom is probably waiting for me, so I have to go"
.....Really Brianna?.....
LLLAAAMMMEEE! (lame)
So besides my little "scared" moment this was and is my perfect date. It fit all my wants and fulfilled all of my needs. And if I wasn't a pansy I could have gotten my first kiss ever with a guy that I had liked for a year or so and we clicked.

Well let's just say: Thank goodness for second chances ;)
but that's a story for another time.
So my perfect first date was with the guy i'm dating now. Woot. He did a pretty darn good patootin good job:) haha. Best. Date. Ever.

No comments: