Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A year of changes

      This year has felt so quick and swift that I can't believe tomorrow is the beginning of a new year which I can only see as being as great, if not greater, than this past year.

     This year has been filled with a major life change where I was able to marry the man of my dreams and the light in my life in the LDS Timpanogos Temple. I was able to make covenants with my Lord and my husband that will be kept throughout this life and eternity.   

I started my new major of Elementary Education, worked and received a 3.9 GPA, the first in my life! I can't believe how hard I worked and how much of that work paid off. I have come to know that I do like to teach, I love to be around children, and I have finally found the path of education that I am needing to be on.

     I have to say that getting married has changed the way I now look at life. I love having someone who is rooting for me, who will cuddle with me, who always has the best interests for me, and loves me no matter what I do. If I make a mistake he hugs me while I cry. If I am stressed out while studying for psychology he will coax me to come into the kitchen and eat a piece of Thanksgiving pumpkin pie with half a bottle of whipping cream on top.

I can't wait to continue the path that Matt and I have begun to build as husband and wife. 2012 was fantastic, 2013 even better with more new exciting changes and moments that will continue to shape who we are.   

I have changed as a person over this last year. I have become more confident and sure of myself, while continuing to keep the simple and kind demeanor that I have been blessed to have. I have become harder working and a better student, more organized and on top of things now that the classes seem to matter more to me.
 I have seen my mom become more confident, move on from past memories holding her back. I have seen my father make a major move down to Florida. I have seen my friends break past barriers that they were scared to even think about.
I have lost friends and gained many more. I have learned what attributes I would like to work on and those attributes that I would rather leave in the past.

All in all. Great year. I love my life. I love my husband and I'm genuinely excited for 2013.

1 comment:

TamaraJean said...

What a wonderful year that brought you to this year. It will be a wonderful year just like you are to me.