Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our First "Bountiful Basket"

Ever since Matt and I got married in April I have heard about this cooperative veggie/fruit organization that makes it incredibly simply and inexpensive to get a nice amount of fruit and vegetables for a low price of only 15 dollars. I never hunkered down and signed up for until this week, when a friend of mine in "A Christmas Carol" (playing Dec 1-Dec 22 at the Hale Center Theater Orem. Matt and I are in the Monday, Wednesday, Friday cast)  enticed me to sign up. So I did. 
Here's how it turned out!! For 15 dollars I got all of this: 

Do you see that little purple carrot!?!?! 
What the heck is  persimmon?
Papaya? Isn't that exotic?

I'm so excited for the new possibilities this opens Matt and I's taste buds to! 
I'll be sure to post recipes that work with the new stash I have acquired at 7 in the morning on a Saturday! 
Happy Food!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really want to try this! And I laughed out loud about the "purple" carrot! haha.