Friday, December 23, 2011

A Year in Review

Before the whole Christmas and New Years celebrations take over my life, in a good way, I would like to take a look back at my year or at least the things I remember in this year. Sadly I don't have many pictures to accompany what has happened but we will make do with what I have and for extensive purposes this is for me to look at what I've done and accomplished this year and be proud of it.

If you'd like to read, do it. :)

January - Happily Matt and I got back together after a two month hiatus with our relationship and I couldn't have been more happy. That January was when I knew I wanted to marry him and there was no one else for me in this world that could create the amount of happiness he gives me. I'm glad we came back to each other.


February - A plethora of events happened as does all February's brin
gs. Especially surrounding loved ones, chocolate, and girls "feel good about yourself" parties.


Two years in a row I have asked Matt to the Institute date dance in February which is a dinner and dancing to a live 20 pieces Jazz band. We were dancing up the floor and make up our own steps as we went, stealing a couple kisses here and there and just enjoying the company of two crazy people, crazy enough to fall in love with each other.


The hunger banquet where the lowest class, (Matt and I) got fed more than the upper class which was pizza and soft drink. I'll go with the tortilla and rice if you don't mind. Very eye opening though.


Valentine's Day this year I had to work, all day, my boss hated me anyway so I was expecting it. Matt was trying to be super suave and and have flowers delivered to my house before I set out to work...no go. The flowers didn't end up showing till 8:30 at night, so a little disgruntled Matt brought them to my work (the sweetheart) and waited for me while I finished cleaning up. What both of us learned this day, if you want it done right, do it yourself.


A "feel good about yourself" night with the girls. We had facials, watched "Bride Wars", painted nails, got dolled up took more than our fair share of pictures, and just enjoyed being girls. I seriously don't know what I would do without these girls. They are the cream of the crop and know the "weird" me.


March - Every year during Spring Break I usually head to my Dad's in Colorado which is always a blast, plus the Festival of Colors which is only truly fun the first time.


Here is the burger, I made up myself. It was delectable, tasty, different, and yes that is Peanut Butter.


Festival of Colors, of course, colorful. Purples snot for 2 days, best part.


April- I turned 22, the end of the semester, April fools game/prank, Backyard camping and preparing for serving a mission in Nauvoo, Illinois as a performing missionary.


Ashleigh warned me, then stole my car (I used to have a problem with leaving the keys to my car in the door, not anymore) which started a 4 hour prank-a-thon which ended up in both cars covered in either window chalk or....


....selophane wrap and boxes included (this was my revenge for her stealing my car, if you want the full post which includes the ins and outs of the daily prankage you can click HERE)


Here is Matt and I at our best...oh shoot that's the wrong picture! Oh well...as you can see can be...odd. This is at my 22nd sushi birthday dinner with Matt, Laurie and her boy, Paul and his girl at the time (I hope they get back together, *hint hint*), we indulged in fried sushi, and amazing, can I say fantastic? chocolate, chocolate cake. Plus we manage to take super duper picture than I now cherish (the one above I might add)


Whoever said you couldn't go camping outside the woodland area? If anyone did, they were crazy!
As you can see here our humble backyardigan abode'


Here is the bums
(From left to right) Rauni, Shelby, Ashleigh
These bums and I stayed up till 3am playing clue, screaming at dogs rubbing up against the tent and talking about who knows what, whilst keeping our bums warm.


May - August ...Seeing as so many things happened between the months of May and August in the same place, I will smoosh them all together in one mass 4 month picture explosion, be wary I warned you. My 4 months of the summer were spent in the best place I had yet to spend my life; Nauvoo, Illinois where I had the opportunity to perform as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a blast that changed my life forever, it changed the way I look at myself, how I look at life, and more importantly how I can help those around me to see the beauty inside themselves.

The beginning of the best summer of my life


Before we knew each other, who knew by the end of the summer we would be sisters in word, deed, and heart


My first companion; such a doll, talented as anyone will ever get out


After Carthage, all eyes red, swollen, spirits lifted


Dinosaur hair day


The cutest girls to cross through Nauvoo, followed us everywhere
so naturally I needed a picture with them


Reaction to lightning storm, a HTBT (Had-to-be-there) moment for sure

Nauvoo beauties


My second companion, deary me we were so alike it was scary, but made for so much fun!
I love her bunches and she changed my life in more ways than she'll ever know
I am eternally grateful for her, her testimony, and the parents who raised her so well


The night the rest of the world saw the 7th and final installation of Harry Potter
We correlated it to the gospel instead, while fighting on our kitchen table,
while keeping our dignity


The Nauvoo Pageant


Just Plain Anna Amanda, hmmm I miss it


The prettiest temple this side of the Salt Lake "bookend" temple


On the band wagon looking tired and tired....it was the end of the summer


A Cast of JPAA (Just Plain Anna Amanda) I learned more about myself playing this part of a young girl, than I could in a thousand years of schooling.


Most beautiful and talented lady I have ever had the opportunity to meet in this life


My companion was and is the bomb, I love her dearly


Signing our names in the house we love so dearly


As we were about to walk towards our families after a long day of traveling home...no longer to be missionaries


September - Lots of Hiking.

Grrr....I'm a bear!!! Not really


We thought this was the lake everyone was talking about, turned out not to be...but it gave an awesome field shot as you can see here


Matt and I at the top of Mt. Timpanogus loving life


All four of us at the top of Mt. Timpanogus
From the left: (Andrew, Matt, Myself, Ashleigh)

October - Halloween Fun (only one picture)

Matt was a type of steampunk futuristic pirate, I was a red crayon


November - This is the month where I got engaged to the love of my life and the sweetheart that I love dearly.

Here are some pictures of when he proposed to me and if you would like to read the whole story.....click HERE
But here's a little "spoiler:

"
I got out of my Intro to Elementary Education class early and texted Matt that he could meet me at my house anytime. He was there before I got home and once I did we headed inside to chill for a bit before heading to the dance. We were talking, kissing, and saying “I love you” on the couch for about 20 mins ....."

"...I start walking up towards him and knew what was coming then and there. He said, “ Brianna, I have loved the time we have had to spend with each other and the time we have gotten to know each other, I know now ..."The beautiful ring, dang he spoils me


December - Wedding Dress shopping, Christmas Caroling...and the end of the year which hasn't happened yet.


NOT the dress I'm getting, but tried on


Going to see Matt as Young Ebenezer Scrooge at HCTO! He did frankly, amazing

********************************************************
If you made it this far you are definitely my friend and I love you, thanks for being apart of my life

Here's to a wonderful year that I experienced with so many people, so many experiences and the happiness that 2011 was a year of growth, sadness, happiness, joy and love. 2012 can only bring more happiness and joy and growth, plus a new husband!!! I cannot wait for this coming year to bring new experiences and wonders. Love this life.

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

Thanks for letting me be a part of your year, Brianna! I love you!