Saturday, December 31, 2011

Understanding the simplicity

I find it odd and a little bit sad that I don't give enough time to contemplate how great my life is in general. Of course there are days when my life would suggest otherwise, but in the "big picture", the life retrospect, my life is really good. It has been a ground for self growth, new developing self worth, and a place where I am becoming who I want to be and who the Lord wants me to be.

I have been blessed with an amazing man in my life. A man who makes me feel utterly fantastic about myself on a daily basis. He brings along with his 80's inspired hair, handsome smile, and light sense of humor a consistent feeling of love inside my heart. He has the magic of making me feel like I could conquer the world, I could pass any test, and I could move on from anything that may be a determent in my life or holding me back from my full potential. Call it rose colored glasses or the phase of engagement...but I think that even after 2 years of dating, and still feeling like this more than not, I'm putting my foot down and saying that's a good thing and something we will never lose. I believe, but quite actually know I have found true love and it's amazing that it will be able to last throughout eternity, starting April 28, 2012 after 10 am!

Another thing, my family is great. My dad is one of my best friends, a confidant, and just an amazing man who has bounced back from a lot of things in life, hard things, that continues to have a positive outlook and always looking for ways to serve those around him. My stepmom Xan is a gem also. I'll be honest that at first we may not have gotten along, I was a whole version of the Lindsey Lohan's "Parent Trap" and I feel terrible for being such a brat when I was younger to her. She genuinely cares about me, my brother, and of course, my father and is a dear friend to me now and will continue to be so as our lives gain in number. My brother is a teenager looking for some responsibility, but is sometimes too lazy to reach up his hand and grab it. He is the most intelligent guy I know but on occasion doesn't see it that way and give himself the short end of the stick. He teaches me things every time I see him, and he is always aware of my feelings and is constantly asking whether I am ok with him going somewhere with his friend which will leave me alone for awhile...he asks more than twice sometimes, just to make sure. My mother the sweetheart, is the closest to heaven I can get on this earth, besides going to the temple. She is very in tune with the spirit of a child. She is very naive in nature (descriptive in a good way) she sees the world through the eyes of child with no real prejudices against others, or people in general.

I have reason to believe that I am beautiful, inside and out, just by looking in the mirror. I hope that doesn't sound conceited but I have a right to believe I am beautiful. I love my hair when it works for me, and I love the different colors within it. I love my smile and even the scrunching of my nose when I'm smiling for real or laughing really hard. I love my toes and the abilities they have from being double jointed, along with my fingers still being able to play the piano after taking a beating from a few accidents resulting in a few ER visits. I love my voice, I believe I have been blessed with that talent and have been given numerous occasions and opportunities to share it with people. I feel that is one way that I can contribute to the work of the Lord, through my voice. If I am in the right spirit than the spirit will be in my voice. I learned that in Nauvoo. I love my eyes and I love that Matt has deemed them as Starburst eyes. I love that I have a healthy body, love healthy food, and can read!! I love to read and learn things about the world and I am thankful that I have been blessed with a body and sound mind that is able to do so.

I guess this blog post turned into a small thankfulness to God and for this wonderful year where I have learned so much about myself. I know that 2012 is going to bring hard times, trying times, growing times, happy times, lovely times, loving times, joyous times, and times that will enable me to continue to become closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They are the reasons for the immense blessings that I have in my life, of which I have only spoke small of. They have blessed me more than I could ever comprehend.

If we only take a moment and contemplate everything good we have in our lives, we gain a new understanding of the simplicity in the moments that take our lives, which condense them down into building blocks for a better future and a continuing adventure aided by friends and family.

No comments: