Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wedding Plans

I don't even know where to start...
Do you think about the reception place,
the ring ceremony after the temple,
the dancing,
the food,
the bridesmaid dresses,
the tuxes for the men,
getting everyone from everywhere to Utah in April,
making that money,
not going into debt,
buying a dress,
picking a hairstyle,
buying shoes,
designing a cake,
learn a song to sing,
honeymoon details,
money, money, money,
marriage license,
reception activities,
wedding flowers,
wedding song,
wedding food,
lunch-in,
taking engagement photos,
invitations 200+,
picking wedding colors,
and amongst other things making it 5 months without losing my mind,
Thinking of things I Need
Thinking of things I want but don't need
Thinking of things that would be nice to have but probably won't
Keeping everybody happy
and restraining myself from taking the drive-thru marriage in Vegas...

but really what matters is that if at the end of the day I am married to Matt Call than everything went perfect, whether or not the dress looked right, the food was tacky, the cake was a disaster, and anything else that could happen. As long as he is there with me and has a ring on his finger and I can drive away with him and start our new life, everything will be fine....

Regardless of the sappy little interlude, I still have to plan.
Boy o Boy do I have to Plan

2 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

If you need an extra brain, you can borrow mine.

MedSchoolWife said...

I feel for you! We took 2 years to get engaged, so we had only a 6-week engagement, right in the middle of the semester.

It's like you said, though. Focus on the temple, and delegate the other stuff to other people. I could not have cared less about our reception; I only did it because Brad made me, haha. So just give your mom or someone you love and trust a general idea about what you'd like, and let them have at it! The reception is not really for the bride and groom; it's for everyone else.

As for budget - I would say pick one or two things that matter the most to you that you will spend real money on. Is it the dress, is it the pictures, is it the invitations, is it the reception place.... and go cheap on everything else.

Just try not to let the pressure get to you. I feel like with blogs and facebook and pinterest, there's all this pressure to have THE MOST ADORABLE AND UNIQUE AND ELABORATE WEDDING IN THE WORLD! But it's just to impress other people. Focus on the temple, what really matters. Because I promise, the rest won't.

Good luck!!!!