Saturday, November 12, 2011

Engaged? why yes!!!

I'm engaged!!!!! To Matthew Anson Call and I couldn't be happier!!! :)
Here's the Story in my words:

I got out of my Intro to Elementary Education class early and texted Matt that he could meet me at my house anytime. He was there before I got home and once I did we headed inside to chill for a bit before heading to the dance. We were talking, kissing, and saying “I love you” on the couch for about 20 mins before I finally decided that we should go to the dance. At one point I was holding his hands and they were super sweaty for some reason and then he got a call from his work friend Nick and scurried off really fast to talk to him.

As we were driving to the dance Matt was showing me this gorgeous Christmas song that I played at least 4 times before we got there. Hand in hand we walked in and gave them our tickets. We walked into the gym and saw a miniature golf place and a huge blow up obstacle course and we decided to try it out. I beat him both times and he said I cheated because I ended up jumping instead of sliding down at the end, oops. But no one told what I was supposed to do.

After we were done Matt grabbed his jacket and we headed to the dance floor to start doing some dancing. We danced hard and soon saw Cameron Smiley and Cami Johnson (who work together) and we danced with them for a bit. During one of the songs Matt started saying that his music had gotten onto I-tunes and that people had been purchasing them around this area. I was slightly taken back that he hadn’t told me but was ecstatic all the same, especially seeing as when the song that was playing ending suddenly his song, “come here” which was written about me started playing.

I freaked out, I was saying things like, “oh my gosh it’s your song” “How did they get it” “people are buying it!!!” “This is so cool’ We partied it up with me putting him in turns and he doing the same. Half way through the song though he turns to me and says, “I’m going to go get a drink..” I was sad but he walked away and I continued to dance with Cameron and Cami. Then, I hear his voice over the PA system saying, “ Sorry everyone I just need to take a moment, I have written this song for a girl and would like to invite her up to the front because I have something to ask of her…”

I start walking up towards him and knew what was coming then and there. He said, “ Brianna, I have loved the time we have had to spend with each other and the time we have gotten to know each other, I know now that I want to spend the rest of this life and the rest of eternity with you as my wife, Brianna Jean Pettit, will you Marry Me?” I waited for a moment and couldn’t think of anything else to say besides, “Yes” at the top of my lungs and then grab him around the neck and kiss him good while the crowd cheered, hooted, and a hollered. The DJ then put on a slow song and we and the rest of the 250 or so people started dancing. All I saw in the moment was him and I until Alli and a few girls from choir came and lifted me in a huge hug and saying how excited they were for me.

Matt and I decided that we would leave then and go show people the ring and such.

5 comments:

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

I showed up at the dance like 20 minutes after he proposed. I AM SO MAD I MISSED IT. But I am SO happy for you!! Ahh!!! You're getting married! Love you. Congratulations, girl.

Alyssa said...

I love my sister companion with all of my heart! I can't express enough how happy I am for you! In years to come, when my children ask me what I remember about 11/11/11, I will tell them it was the day my sister got engaged! Serious! You are amazing. Love is amazing. The Church is SO true. Congratulations, Brianna! :)

Sarah Anne said...

I missed this by 5 minutes but WHO CARES because it HAPPENED!!!!!!!!! Gosh, I cannot wait for this, sister-friend. It's just too great!!

And Matt's middle name is epic, btw.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

BOOM! Congratulations!

Word verification of the day: "wasem". This word, of course, sounds like "awesome" and thus couldn't be more appropriate for the occasion.

Best wishes to you both!

Jewel said...

Yippeeeee!!! Oh happy day!