Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turning over a new colored leaf

I'm having one of those days where I feel like I can breathe, even though my nose is stuffed with about a gallon of snot. Where I can look around and see that life is in fact beautiful, there isn't enough time to take everything in that is good. I feel a new sense of power or strength, which I haven't felt in the last few months. I was broken, and I'm slowly putting my life back together. I am learning new things about myself, realizing things I once knew and our returning to the fore front of my mind. I'm growing. I'm growing taller spiritually and confidently, I can stand my own and tell someone my opinion of something without the apprehension. It's an odd feeling to break barriers or control something in life.
I was reading a friend of mine's blog the other day and the whole blog was about her, and how amazing she was. How individuality made her beautiful and if people didn't like they didn't have to like her. She was saying that she was proud to be in her skin. She was grateful for experiences given to her and the kind of person that she is becoming and still growing to be. I would like to now take that same route and talk about myself for a moment.

I am short, but I feel that people see me for much more than just my size. I can have an impact on people through a gift that was given to me by my Heavenly Father. He gave me the love of music and the ability to share my passion for it through song. I am individual, I am unique. There is not one person on this earth that is exactly or even remotely like me. Sure we may share different traits but as a whole I am singular, no plurals of me. I can act crazy dancing, singing, and driving in my car and i'm ok with it, i'm comfortable in skin. I enjoy who I am. I love who I am. I may not be happy with certain aspects of my life at times, or I may covet what others have, but by golly I love myself. And I am proud of that fact. I have so much to give the world and I'm just barely realizing this, I have so much promise and so much good I can do.It's crazy that moments of pure sadness can help me realize the potential I have and what I can conquer.

I love my life, I love my friends, my family and everything in between.
I better start praying because life is just going way too good...something bad is bound to happen.

1 comment:

Tiana Moe said...

Brianna, I love you. :)