Friday, November 12, 2010

Hey pretty lady

I'm answering a friend's question: What are you grateful for?
Sadly, I don't think about this question very often. I go through the motions of life expecting or wanting more than I have, rarely taking time to sit down and count my blessings and really contemplate what I AM thankful for. So let me indulge for this little moment in the things that I am grateful for.

Starting out: I am grateful for my life. I'll be honest some days I loathe my life, I hate what is happening and I ask the question, "Why me?" but there are those days when everything is wonderful. Like today for instance, which leads into the next thing that I am grateful for LDC. Latter-day Celebration choir at the institute. I love it. At the beginning of the year Bro. Eggett was talking with the choir and said that some people that were let into the choir, the choir needed. Others, like myself, needed the choir. Everyday is a spiritual experience, there are moments when I can't believe that the spirit filled the room as it just did. This morning the choir woke up at 5, met at the institute at 5:40 to drive down to Salem, UT to sing to some early morning high school students. When we got there we surrounded the kids and we sang our songs, as always the spirit was there, we sounded wonderful and there were just moments where you could tell and KNOW that this gospel is true. Which the the next thing I am thankful for.

I am grateful for The gospel of Jesus Christ. I have never ever been one with my own testimony, for years I would always bounce around, listen to others and base mine off of what others would say. But recently (since I got into LDC) I have wanted to really find out the answers to these questions. So I have been reading, praying, and trying to listen as closely as I could to the spirit. The change in my heart has been astounding. I can recognize the spirit at the drop of a hat, I get confirmation to questions in class while we are singing. And I now have a testimony of the restored gospel and of Joseph Smith. I KNOW that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. I don't know how I know, but I know. And it is the first time in my life that I can type of say that without feeling the regret of, "maybe I don't know..." I'm grateful that the Lord was and is still patient with me in everyday of my life. I'm not perfect and I'm not doing all that I should every hour of everyday, but I'm trying. I am grateful I have the ability and coherence to try.

I am grateful for my friends namely: Veraunica, Ashleigh, Shelby, Blue, Erin, Liesl, and all others who except me for who I am. Where I can sing loudly in the car and they won't stare at me like i'm crazy...(well maybe the will, but we cool like that) They will quote movies with me, cry with me, give me advice when I don't know where to turn. And love me no matter the decisions I make and help me to be better. I need to let them know how much they mean to me, I don't know if I let them know enough. Thanks guys. I am grateful for my mom and her smile every day, her worries about me, her want to help in anyway she can, and I'm SO grateful for her cooking skills. mmm

I am grateful for the little small beauties that God gives us. The sun shining through the clouds, the majestic mountain landscape we get to take in everyday, the cool night air and the stars above. I am so grateful for the beauty of the earth. I am grateful for opportunities to have those quiet moments just to sit and ponder and learn about yourself. I am grateful for trials, they make us grow. I have seen the good that comes from them even if I don't see it until later down the road. I am grateful for so many things that I could go on for hours. But I will stop here.

It's crazy to think of how much we take for granted, once you start counting your blessings and realizing how much you are grateful for you realize just how fantastic your life really is.

What are you grateful for?

No comments: