Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daydreaming

I have come to the realization that I tend to fall out of the classroom. I forget where I am, and come into a whole different world. Where a teacher isn't lecturing me on what ethical values are most important in the world, but I am being instructed by a turn of the tide solider preparing me for what is up ahead. The darkness closing in around us with only one single candle to light our way. We make our way through the canopy covered forest, moving swiftly but carefully so as not to make a sound. In fear of waking the unknown creatures of the deep darkness. A blast of light from a shot above the canopy opens a hole in which I can see the blue sky, the clouds passing very slowly across. .. I find myself running for now apparent reason, just to make it to the end before time runs out. I have lost my companion but am approached by something new and different to me. I'm not sure how to describe the creature, except for the huge nose he has on what seems to be his face. But I see no eyes, no mouth and no features that would even remotely tell me it was human. Then i realize, it's a tree. A tree, with no life. But that of photosynthesis and dirt eating. The forest disappears from me, and feel my legs return to the hardness of the classroom seat, accompained by the cold touch of the metal. I had come out of my daydream as fast as i had entered it.
Oh, the mind of the bored, brings us to such child like terms. But makes my life worth living and keeps my mind energized and I can say I still have an imagination, even if I have to grow up. :)

No comments: