Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sometimes 24 candles is just right

Yesterday was my 24th birthday
I'm 24.
2-4.
Weird. 
I had decided that Matt and I were going to celebrate in style with some celestial cake and  home cooked fondue.
I decided to bake my own cake for the occasion and ran to the store to get the essential ingredients. 
As I was walking down the baking isle, I saw the candles and I knew I needed some. 
There was every type of candle; swirling candles, neon candles, re-lighting candles, and polka dotted candles. 
After a minutes of consideration I decided on a box of soft colored swirly candles. 
I looked at the amount in the box and a thought struck me that I would be using the whole box! 
24 candles. 
Next year I would need TWO boxes! Two boxes of candles.
What has this world come to. 
Me being old, that's what :)
But I bought them, none-the-less, and was excited for my cake and dinner.

Ever since I was youngling (not that I'm old)
I have had this infatuation with fondue be it chocolate, cheese, or meat.
I absolutely adore it.
I had fondue every year for my birthday parties from the age of 9-18.
I'll admit I still had sleepovers at that age :)

This is what a meat (yum) fondue consists of:
Your meats:
-Steak -Chicken -Shrimp -Hot Dogs
Vegetables:
-Potatoes
-Broccoli
All simmering is a beautiful pot of vegetable broth.
Talk about yummy.

My brother, James, unexpectedly came into town this weekend, so I had him and my mom over for dinner (of course along with my dashing Husband)
Serious stud alert!

We finished off our fondue yumminess and at the ring of the doorbell, it was time for the blowing out of the candles.
Our good friends Tracy, Blue, and Wendy came over for the festivities.


 There be the 24 candles!
I couldn't believe how much fire was illuminating the table!
Haha.
There is an awesome video on my camera of me successfully blowing out all the candles on my cake at once..but it won't let me upload it.
Maybe I'll try again later.

So, all-in-all my day was a success!
I received Les Miserables on Blu-ray from my sweet husband and had a great time.
I love receiving the sweet and loving messages from family members and friends.
They really do make all the difference. 

I love birthdays!
24 candles, really is a great number.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's always so fun seeing pictures after you've told me about the event. (plus the witty commentaries in between of course!) I'm so glad you had a great birthday. And that for some reason, receiving Les Miserables makes your birthday better. Haha. Jk. Love you!