Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stress much?

So here is the one blog name that no one likes to read but frankly it's the one that needs to be written.
Whether you read or not it must be written or my brains will explode and nothing will be left except the chard pieces of my life because of the stress that is compiling over the hours and days.
I am getting married in 25 days. 24 days and 15 hours by blog standards. That is crazy.

I am happy. As I should be, but I'm also alot of other adjectives like:
Scared (the wedding night)
Excited (marrying Matt Call, having my own apartment)
Anxious (hoping everything will get taken care of and will go smoothly)
Stressed (Is it really all worth it, will I be able to breathe afterwards)
Concerned (the wedding night, and money)

  • We have 25 days and I still haven't heard from my caterer about any invoice to know how much I am to pay.
  • We haven't been able to reserve our honeymoon because we are both low on funds.
  • My bank switched without telling me and now I have to go through this hefty long process to open my back account at this new place just to close it to open a new one at Matt's bank.
  • We haven't bought our marriage license yet.
  • I am almost dissatisfied with my dress because multiple people jokingly say that an ivory dress means that you are unclean...great, everyone is going to think that who is above 30.
  • I just want it all to be over so I can crawl in my bed, sleep and just enjoy life.
  • The elementary ed program is going to be hard...am I going to be a good teacher?
  • Marriage still scares me. I'm scared i'm going to become a statistic, how do you do marriage right?
  • I can't find a new home for my cat Mushu (more info)
  • We haven't bought Matt's ring yet and he sees no value in getting one for him.
  • I don't know whether to have matt in my bridals or not
  • Money. Money. Money. I hate it.
  • We can only move into our apartment two days before we get married
  • We have to get a special mover for the piano Matt's parents are giving us (great) and it's over 200 hundred dollars...
  • Non of my co workers will take my shifts so I can go on my honeymoon.
  • I signed up for a stupid half marathon, and I feel like I won't be able to do it.
  • What if i'm not a good wife.
  • What if i'll never know really how to cook.
  • I'm not who people think I am.
  • I'm always tired. always.

There. My life is great right now. Just really really stress-fully overwhelming .

4 comments:

Janae said...

"How do you do marriage right?"

1. Love languages -- know yours, know his, speak each other's (I think Elder Nelson gave a talk in October conference that was kind of on this topic)

2. Listen to For All Eternity lectures by John L. Lund. It's amazing, and I think everyone (single, taken, whatever) should listen and apply its methods/skills.

3. Color Code -- knowing your colors (tendencies and motivations) and your partner's so that you can understand each other's perspectives and approaches.

"Have an anxious concern for the well being of your partner." - President Hinckley

Natalie and Remington said...

Ah I remember how stressed I was before my wedding. Everything will fall into place believe me and about the dress thing, forget what other people think! This is your day no one elses. I don't think we got everything really sorted out till the day before I got married. Marriage is a learning experience and don't be scared. You will love it!

rebecca said...

Being engaged is the pits. The best advice we got was that the ceremony is the most important thing. Everything else is frosting (really expensive frosting if you want it to be), and the reception is mostly for the parents anyway.
You won't remember most of the day, so try not to stress too much. There'll be things you'll want to have done differently no matter what happens, but at the end of the day, you're still married and the person you'll be spending eternity will love you no matter what happens.
As far as marriage itself, it's really stressful for a bit while you figure each other out, but you'll settle in.

MedSchoolWife said...

Sounds like you are about right on track! Ha ha we all stress before marriage but like the others have said just focus on the ceremony. No one is going to think you're "unclean" with a temple ceremony! Even if you could move into your apartment earlier it would still be a mess with wedding gifts. My aunt and uncle went camping up Provo canyon for their honeymoon and had a blast, and we did a road trip to Vegas and LA and didn't spend much money but loved it.

As for the wedding night, just get informed ahead of time. BYU offers a premarital class I have heard is very good.

And you will not know how to be a wife right away, nor will Matt know how to be a husband. But don't worry, you figure it out as you go along :) marriage is wonderful and so worth it!!!