Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The House of the Lord

Today I went through the temple to learn again things that have been taught to me since I was a child. The story of the creation and where all that we do in life fits into the eternal perspective, beyond what we do here on earth.

The experience was mind blowing, humbling, and incredibly spiritual. I have never felt so close to God in my life, that temple is his house; I am but a guest in that house and on this earth.
Matt and I after the Temple
Everyone is so sweet and there is a sense of camaraderie and a feeling of family in the temple. Because frankly that is what we are; all children of our Heavenly Father. We all were the same, there for the same reasons, wearing the same clothes, and not a single person there to judge but to help me and the others taking their endowments out for the first time.
The temple was amazing, and I cannot wait to go back.
I feel as though there is more to the world now, everything is connected to Christ, every detail has his fingerprint and every breath we take we owe to him. It is a sweet companionship to know that I can know go back regularly to perform ordinances, the covenants I made, for my brothers and sisters; children of God on the other side of the veil. To give them the chance to accept or reject the gospel.
The thing I love most about this gospel, this church is the freedom to choose, we are not forced, we choose to follow the counsel and the commandments of God. We know that if we do we can reach the greatest and highest degree of happiness temporally and spiritually in the presence of our Heavenly Father.
Church is true. 3 days. 


1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

Oops, sorry. YAY! I'm so happy for you, girly! Seriously.