Sunday, April 22, 2012

In Less Than a Week...

-I'll have been married for almost a full day
-I will be a wife, a spouse, more than fiancee'
-I will be able to say goodnight, instead of saying goodbye
-I will be saying "happy birthday" to my 50 yr old papa
-I will be married. for. eternity.
Matt's mission President and wife sent us a gratitude journal with stitching on the cover of the SLC temple. It is beautiful. I wrote in it last night. Matt and I had been discussing how we felt like we were apart of each other now, coming closer together, becoming as one. If it sounds silly, it's not. We felt it when we started dating, just a tad more relationship tie. Then when he proposed and I accepted the world tipped itself to the other side and if I thought I couldn't live without him before now I knew I would go into a spinning depression spiral if anything happened to him. The relationship grew. Now as we are approaching getting married, taking the largest step in a young, old, new, just had their first kiss life we feel that connection grow even more.

It is painful to say goodbye.

I can see now, why general authorities (LDS) talk about love growing over time, becoming more wonderful than the fleeting butterflies in the stomach, the unknown of the relationship. There is something wonderful in stability, in a complete assurance that someone will love you, for you, forever. I think God has a had a hand in all the relationships we encounter throughout our lives. Some people are for quick moments, to help us understand something or learn as we go and then exit as if they were never there. There are those that will stay connected to us forever by sheer will of want and need. Then there is the one that you would do anything for, such as; choose his favorite pizza over something new because you know that's what he wants, drive every Friday to sit and spend time with him at work just so you can be with him, go on all the scary rides just so he'll hold you and tell you that you're brave (foreshadow) and he does the same things for you. He calls you three times a day when you're on a road trip with your friends to tell you he misses you, hopes you're having fun and that you'll have sweet dreams. He will drive 2000 miles to Nauvoo, Illinois to visit you as young performing missionary (YPM) living off MRE's and sleeping in his car, he will tell you that he loves you and could never see himself with anyone else and will always love you no matter what.

That's what I'm marrying into. I thank God for him everyday, I feel as though sometimes I don't have to because God knows how lucky I am.
6 days and I'll be Brianna Jean Call. Doesn't have a bad ring to it :)

2 comments:

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

This is perfect.
SO happy for you!

Sarah Anne said...

Doesn't have a bad ring on your finger, either. ;)

Love you, Brianna. I'm so happy for you!