Monday, March 12, 2012

Wedding Planning

One thing I am learning with wedding planning is that there are priorities, the people you invite, the amount of people, the things you chose, the way you chose, when you chose , where you chose them, all have to be prioritized.

Last night I spent almost two hours with my soon-to-be mother in law, sweetest lady I know hacking away at the invite list to get it down from the original 440 to a comfortable number of 380. At first it was hard and then my fiancee came around and helped me "eliminate" some names by process of elimination and using some simple questions about the relationship with the said person:

Are they a relative?
If not, very good friend? Following questions pertain to friends:
Have you spoken to them in the last 6 months?
Do you spend time with them rarely, often, or occasionally?
Would you only send them an invitation because you feel obligated to?
....and that cut about 60 people.

If you think you deserve an invitation we probably have spoken in the last month or so. ya know, if not don't feel hurt if you don't receive a formal invite.
1. they are expensive
2. half of the people invited won't show up anyway, ya know?

And yeah....postage stamps, bane of my life.

2 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Want help with stamps? I'm good at putting them on envelopes.

Seriously though. Give me a job to do...'cause I feel guilty not helping! :)

Lindsey Buck said...

I totally know how that goes! It was so hard getting them evened out - but luckily I found a cheap printer. Best thing I ever did - don't write out the invites! Get sticker paper and a cutter, print them out, it will save you hand cramps and time.