Thursday, March 22, 2012

My new philosophy

I have a philosophy....I'm going to let Kristen Chenoweth as Sally Brown sing first and then scroll down and hear my thoughts.

Much like Kristen Sally Brown Chenoweth, I too have a "new philosophy, it has been working really well for me the past couple weeks. It feels as though it's a slight reverse psychology I am using on myself. It has helped me be more productive and among others things, warm. Let me explain:

"There's no reason I should('nt) ..."

This has been my mantra, my philosophy, my defining factor in getting a lot things that I normally wouldn't get done, finished. I use it in interesting contexts such as:

"There's no reason I should walk out the door and be cold" (so I grab a coat)
"There is no reason I shouldn't do homework instead of facebook" (so I start that project that's due in a week)
"There is no reason that fiancee and I should be tempted" (so either he or I leaves)
"There is no reason why I should not go to the temple today, I have time" (I get dressed and go)
"There is no reason I shouldn't apply everywhere to job hunt" (I applied literally everywhere)
"There is no reason I should stay in a job I am no good at" (so I quit)
"There is no reason that I should feel down on myself" (so I look at the positive)
"There is no reason that I shouldn't workout or run that extra mile" (so I run it, or I go to workout)
"There is no reason to tell myself I can't, I won't, I shouldn't" (so I tell myself I can, I will and I should)

This little sayings has helped me accomplish SO much in the last couple weeks it has astounded me.
Do you have a little philosophy you live by?
Makes your days easier, and your nights full of sleep?

1 comment:

Lindsey Buck said...

That's awesome. :) If I had to choose a philosophy, it would probably be, "Do something today, or there is no tomorrow worth remembering." When I'm tempted to lounge about and waste time, I try to think of something fun and memorable. It makes life far more exciting.