Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love Survey, before Valentine's Day

Stealing this survey from another blogger :) Since Valentines Day is getting closer.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Well we have been really great friends since 2006 senior year of high school, but we "officially" started dating in January 2010.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Well like I said above we met in High School and hit it off like nobody's business, the only thing keeping us from dating was that he was in a relationship. We stayed friends he went on a mission, I wrote him often but only once giving away that I actually had liked him and still did like him. Two years later he comes home, ends of breaking up with his long term girlfriend and on a cold winter night in December, laying in the leaves, asks me if I would want to see if we could go anywhere. I said yes after some exasperated yelps of confusion but I said yes and we have been dating ever since.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
Not married yet, feel like we should have been married a year ago but we are getting married in April on the 28th!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We are going to get married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple on April 28th and it is going to be a party with food, laughter, music, fun, and just love everywhere.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Matt has more nicknames than I have for him, I have neve
r been much of a nickname person for anyone in my life. I do occasionally call him sweetheart, babe, love, and handsome. He calls me: Bri, love, sunshine, snow monkey...and comes up with another at least once every two weeks. I love it.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
-He is always patient with me, has been throughout our dating and continues to be as the days and weeks go by.
-He is silly and has no inhibitions around me
-He loves to eat, like me. Loves to chill, like me. Loves to try new things, like me.
-He is a romantic.


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
I invited him to an institute date dance on friday and when we got there we were dancing it up, eating, taking to people and Matt starts talking about how he has gotten his music on I-tunes and how he can see when people download it. He was talking during this one song and then suddenly a song that he wrote about and for me a few months later starts blasting on the speakers, I flip out. I start dancing around and saying things like, "oh my goodness, it's your song!" "Matt it's your song" ...I was oblivious. Halfway through he says that he needs to go get a drink...I was sad but let him go. Then I hear his voice over the PA system saying that he needs a moment from everyone and would like to invite Brianna Pettit up to the stage. It hit me then and there what was happening and I slowly walked up the front.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? I have given him cards and sentimental types of things...and candy, lots of candy...so the edible side of V-day.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Depends on the day, I love the spontaneity of the sunset dinner but relaxing with his arm around me during a movie is divine.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Be married to him, and then go to Italy, or France, or England with him

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We are going to have Valentine's Day on Saturday seeing as we both work on Tuesday. We are going out to eat at La Jolla Groves down in Riverwoods and probably watch a movie. The night before going to a date institute dance, now as an engaged couple :)

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Just Him

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Be open with one another always, never judge or look down upon your significant other, but keep helping them become better as they are helping you to be. Always say goodnight whether it over text, phone call, or in person. Holds hands, hug, and laugh as often as possible.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Able to be funny, silly, romantic, and fun. That means a lot and will let me know i'll be happy with Him forever.

No comments: