Monday, April 25, 2011

11 days

I feel spiritually low.
I don't understand why people can't respect what I believe when I try my best not to force my religion on them.
I don't see why people have to fight, call each other names, and rag on each other's beliefs. It doesn't do anyone, any good. I don't see why we can't just take each other as people and not force opinions or have to be right.
I think if people want to know, they will seek it out. That's what missionary work is; God preparing those people and the missionaries being there when the person's soul is seeking for the truth.
If the person doesn't want to hear it then they won't hear it.
No matter how many scriptures you throw at them.
No matter how many times you pray for them.
No matter how many times you wish they could see your side clearly.
If they don't want to hear it...they won't.
They will try and find every last lie and try to make it into a right.
Religion is based on faith people, you can't decipher if a religion is true or not by mortal means. You have to search and learn with your heart, you have to learn with your soul.
If God, my Heavenly Father, in heaven doesn't reveal it unto you then you are not prepared for it. You don't want to hear it.
If you want to hear it, you would seek it out.
D:C 4:7 "Ask and ye SHALL receive; knock and it shall be OPENED unto you."

I hate being knocked down because of my beliefs. I live in a free country but it still feels as though religion is still being oppressed. When will we ever get a chance to express ourselves freely without repercussions like other religions. Why do people want to put down my faith so much. It is who I am. I'm not going to argue when you aren't going to listen to me. It doesn't make me high and mighty, it just makes me a peace maker. I don't need to prove anything to you when you don't have an open heart to what I am saying.

I am Brianna Jean Pettit. I was born in Colorado and moved to Utah when I was younger. I have one younger brother. I am a singer, dreamer, lover, and member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know this gospel to be true. I know that Christ died for me. I have a testimony and nothing anyone says can change the way I feel about my faith. I know that I have a father who is in heaven, looking out for me and my family. I know that I am on this earth for a purpose and that purpose continues beyond the grave. I know Joseph Smith was an imperfect man, who had a question, who saw God and the Father, and was DIRECTED by God to bring about the restoration of the gospel. He knew what he saw and he could not deny it, even down to his murder. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet, the only man on this earth to speak with God and receive direction for this whole church that spreads to every corner of the earth. There is light in a sometimes dark and unsure world. That light is Christ and it lies with in each of us. I know all of this to be true and I would die for it. I love this gospel and the person it has helped become, even though I am imperfect and will be always while on this earth. I know that I will be with my family forever, with Christ and with MY Father in heaven.
I am a Latter-day Saint and will always be so.

2 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

You know, sometimes when you are about to do something wonderful, things get really hard. I've noticed it happens a lot in the lives of my premission friends. That's why I've come up with the phrase premission pounding. I think you're getting a bit of that.

I am so glad you shared your testimony! Don't let anybody knock you down for it. You are incredible, and you are loved by so many, whether you can see the people or not. I love you tons, girl! You are a wonderful, beautiful daughter of God. No matter what anyone else thinks, or how they act toward you because of your beliefs, don't forget how amazing you are. Your quiet example will eventually lead people to Christ.

You're adorable! I love you!

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuport!