Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Working Hard, Pushing Farther

I've had a realization recently that for some reason came to me as a surprise.
Working Hard, Trying More, and Pushing Yourself ...really brings happiness.
I believe that God never intended for us to be stagnant, to only laze around the house and surf the internet for hours, looking at stuff that costs plenty of money, and living vicariously through the status updates and the lives of the the people around us. 
I believe that God intended for us to be hard working, friendship making, and spiritual giants. 

I have for the past few days gotten up when my alarm goes off:
Workout for at least 20 minutes
Wash my body off so that it smells fresh
Eat breakfast with no music playing, only the noises of the day accompanying the dim kitchen room
Wash my face and then proceed to "dress up" for the day

I recently read a blog that recommended over dressing for every occasion, to feel pretty whenever you go out. 
It really is amazing what good, simple makeup or your favorite shirt and great fitting pants can do for the human psyche. 

So I am trying to be a more hard working, spiritually learning, and living in the moment type of girl. 
So far it's given me a huge boost of positive energy and I've realized the moments where I choose to be irritated, or sad, or completely stupid....are a choice. 
No one can make you feel any of those things, just like happiness is a choice along with everything other emotion, so is being not happy. 
We choose what we feel, we choose how experiences impact us and we choose where we want to be and how much we are going to learn in each day that we are given on this earth. 

I need to remember the past, look for forward to the future, but live in the present.  

No comments: