Friday, March 18, 2011

2 Nephi 9:39 - Get it Right

"O, my beloved brethren , remember the awfulness in transgressing against that Holy God, and also the awfulness of yielding to the enticings of that cunning one. Remember, to be carnally-minded is death, and to be spiritually-minded is life eternal ."

Sometimes these scriptures pop up a time too late. After you've already offended the Holy God above. After you already feel like crap and already have the uncomprehending feelings of regret for what you've done. Where you feel lower than dirt, where you feel unworthy to partake in anything that surrounds your life. That you aren't worthy for the love that he has to give you.

Will I ever, "Get it Right"
(Play the music while you read the rest)
I don't watch Glee anymore because it's been getting pretty sketching pertaining to quality and storyline as a whole. But I do look up the songs sung every week and this one song came up. It is an original song that a Glee writer wrote or someone. Regardless of who wrote it, it speaks and rings true to what I feel when I make stupid mistakes that could have been avoided, but instead I forget the consequences, I forget what is important. I forget to remember what is on the line; my future life. My future family, and myself integrity and self worth. I'm worth something, I'm worth everything to a being who is so much more than I and I'm glad that he is the one running my life...and if I listen to what he is saying he'll lead me in the right direction and give me strength to resist the temptation that Satan loves to play with. I'm a daughter of God, my loving Heavenly Father, I am not a daughter of Satan. I am good and true to what I say. One day i'll get it right, I don't know when that will be, but I know that if I put my trust in Him, it will work.
(Pictures aren't supposed to make you cry...but this one strikes a chord in my heart)
"How many times will it take for me to get it right?"
"Can I start again? With my faith shaken?

No comments: