Monday, December 7, 2009

Just keep chugging

This last week was surprising in so many ways. I found out things that I didn't know were true, and things have happened that I never thought would and it has kinda put me into a loop of where I don't know exactly what is going to happen with life. When two weeks ago I was pretty sure about a few things. Geez, there always has to be a curve ball when things start getting to lazy or i start becoming unmotivated.

Anyway, I woke up this morning for work (well actually I woke up to my mother calling me, asking if I was up yet, because she was giving me a ride, because my car had broke down on saturday and I was completely stranded until later today) --I was dreaming and having quite the dream. With Laurie, Erin, and i discussing twilight as if it was the best thing in the world. The only thing wrong with this scenario was that 1. I don't like twilight --scratch that. 1. I don't like Kristen Stewart or Robert Pattison. I personally think that they are horrible actors and give the characters that I used to love a horrible demeanor. But, i was woken up from my dream by mom, i got ready for work in a matter of 2 minutes and you can definitely tell i didn't have time to do my hair, or put on makeup this morning. But that's one good thing about where I work, not one lady will look at me differently because I dont' look nice coming to work. Most of the women that come to work out at curves have just rolled out of bed, sometimes almost falling asleep on the machines (it's quite funny, every once and awhile) .
When i stepped outside of my apartment i saw the one thing that I was secretly hoping but telling everyone that I hated, snow. Man, that stuff is gorgeous. I am one of those people that loves the snow, but goes along with everyone else saying that it is a menace to society and should be kept inside a miniature snow globe. But really, i love the stuff. i love bundling up, and just walking around and hearing -nothing- its so quiet in the early morning hours after it has snowed. It is almost like a insulated safe room all around me. I love the majesty that it brings and the beauty that it portrays. I love being able to sit on my balcony, with a cup of hot chocolate and just watch it snow ( I could fall asleep to that)
Its quiet but it feels as though i can hear beautiful music as it is falling. The music is a sweet melody that is mostly that of a single violin accompained by the sweet sounding flute, just trickling through intricate notes easily and lightly. I love imagining things like that. I love the spirit of Christmas, the meaning of Christmas and the whole month leading up to it. Snow has just put the cherry on the top of a year that has been hard, easy, and so contradicting its ridiculous. Snow like a new year brings a new beginning, washing and covering mistakes or imperfections. Snow is a great symbol of what we need to think about this season. Happy snow day!

No comments: