Tuesday, September 8, 2009

One Year Later

Today is September 8, 2009
One Year ago, one of the best ladies past away.
My Grandma.
She was one of my best friends and a friend to everyone. Someone who would always smile and be there when i wanted to talk about something. She was someone who always made me want to be better. And sometimes I forget that.

I miss her dearly, and want to live up to the things that I promised her a year ago. Which I haven't succeeded in doing this past year. I hope that she is doing as much good as she did on this earth up in heaven. Because that is definitely where she belongs. She is probably beating all the other angels at cloud shooting or just having the time of her afterlife with her dear James. Who has now been gone 12 years. Both are probably running the place up there. Haha.

Well, I hope that when/if my grandma looks down on me that she is proud of me. And I hope that she knows I love her and always will. And miss her.

Love you Grandma Joy

1 comment:

Liesl said...

On July 21st, 2008, my cousin died. That's when I texted you and you called me up and we talked for a little bit.

I cried on and off for the next few days, but when you and I went on that picnic - you know the one, where we put my homemade ice cream in the bowl and filled it with ice and cold-keepers (whatever the crap those are called) and wrapped it in aluminum foil and saran wrap and drove up the canyon.

After the picnic, we went to your apartment and sat in the piano room in the lounge and you played one of the prettiest arrangements of "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again." That helped me say goodbye the my cousin that day.

Maybe my cousin and your grandma are acquaintances now. But isn't it reassuring to know that they're no longer in pain?