Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Julie and Julia

This afternoon I went to the movie Julie and Julia with my mom. It is two true stories put into one adorable movie full of laughter, heartache and lots of food! I had no expectations when going into the movie and because of that was greeted by one of the cutest movies I have seen in a long time.

One story was ms. Julia Child. ---yes, the chef from so many years ago and the story behind her love of food and how she became a chef.

Second story was about a ms. Julie Philips. Who decided one day to cook her way through Julia Child's cookbook in 365 days and write a blog about her adventures during this adventure of hers.

Throughout the movie the scenes would jump back and forth between the two women and and how food was changing their lives one day at a time. And by the end of the movie my mouth was watering immensely. So i decided that I wanted to make some beef stew with my mother afterwards and a few hours late (2 to be precise) we had concocted an amazing stew sensation that I could stop eating. Now that my stomach is full I can go on with life and wish to some day own Julia Child's french cooking cookbook and make all those amazing food items that Julie Philip did. I think that would be quite an adventure.

So another thing after I was done with the movie I realized how much i love food. Especially when i try making something outside of the recipe and it actually turns out to be pretty darn good! And then i'm happy with myself but after that point I really can never make it again.. (just like the spagetti sauce Logan....) I'm no Julia Child, but hey I love food, I love butter, and I love the savory tasteful dishes that have been thought of by amazing chefs who love food!

***********************************************************************************

Oh, right!
My brother was visiting for the last week or so and we had a blast! We went to the aquarium up in Sandy like the post below this one, showing pictures. And I touched the sting ray again and didn't quite freak out as much as the previous time. I was pretty proud of myself. And I even touched some other weird things...somethings I didn't even know what they were. We always went to Seven peaks in which my brother got fried! And I did not, because I know how to use sunscreen and he thinks he is too tough for that and the sun wouldn't burn him...well as we can see it happened ( well you can't really see cause i sadly did get a picture, but i'm sure you can imagine...) Imagine a overcooked piece of bacon ...that was the condition of my brothers skin after the day was over...i couldn't help myself from laughing sadly. Poor guy.. *chuckle...snicker*

***********************************************************************************

Over the next few weeks I am opening at Curves everyday all by myself. ... It is a bit stressful but I got it under control. I was late yesterday - monday morning - and felt really bad about it. So its not going to happen again, but the extra money that I'm going to get from the extra hours will be oober helpful when the first and lasts month rent is due for the new year. So it will be a nice little boost! yay


No comments: