Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer day! 24th of July. Utah's holiday :)

Well I wasn't really expecting to do anything this pioneer day because I had already done alot of stuff for the 4th of July and my family never really plans anything because some people believe that it kinda a waste of a holiday; but hey! If it gets my the day off work and the ability to sleep in I am not complaining! But, the events of the day took place as follows:

The first of the day I went to a annual breakfast that my home ward puts on every year on Pioneer day and it was just as good as i remember it being in previous years, the only thing is that no one from the ward recognized me...have i really changed that much since the last time that i was in the ward which was probably a year or year anda half? I guess i have changed a bit. I dress better, wear makeup the right way and do my hair in a cute fashion (well at least i think so, you don't have to agree) But yea, it was fun.

My moms best friend Wendy and her husband have been cooking dutch oven for many years and have even won some competitions. So after that preface you can imagine the food that these to cook. Its pretty much fantastic in everyway. After the breakfast my mom and I went to work out and then went to go say hi to Wendy at a dutch oven lunch for their ward. The invited us to stay so we didn't say no. The food was amazing. My mom I during our lunch decided that we wanted to go check out the aquarium up in Sandy and invited Wendy's daughter Keisha to come with us.
This little frog in the corner of the screen was super excited when he saw my mom, he was jumping for joy. It was so cute! I was hoping that we could steal him away and stow him away in my moms purse but it didn't work too well. After the frog we saw an array of things and creatures, some known and some new that I hadn't seen in person before. At one point in the Aquarium me and Keisha came to a touching pool where there was a string ray and a few fish inside there. ...I freaked a little bit when touching the sting ray and here is the face to prove it.
So the sting ray wasn't exactly a hit with me but I did enjoy the rest of the aquarium and I loved learning about the animals inside there. It was a great time.

Later in the day, my brother James arrived in Utah! It was great to see him, he is going to be here for the next two weeks, so i'll be happy that i get to spend some quality time with my brother from the same mother!

When night fell my family hooked up with our cousins (Simmons) and did some awesome fireworks, it was super fun. And at one point I was playing around with my camera and figured out how to make the pictures look really freaking awesome with the sparklers and here is some of the results.
I felt like an awesome photographer and I was having a blast taking them! Ahha, so the weekend was a success and now I have to start a new week, we'll see how it goes : ) crossing my fingers fro the best!

No comments: