Sunday, July 5, 2009

I have to make it happen

One thing in life that i wish were easier---life.
Life in general is hard and confusing.
Happy yet satisfying and problematic but incredibly and surprisingly worth it.
How is it that one day you can be so happy and the next you are wishing that the floor beneath your feet would crumble and you could fall down a dark hole and keep falling until you reach a very painful end?
Well for one thing, I have been doing alot of thinking lately and taking people's advice for me alot more seriously than i have in the past.
Over the weekend a really good friend was talking to me while hanging and not really doing anything and he told me that i needed to take control of my life. And not live it through others. But make the choices that i want to, and make the choices that i think are the best for me.
If i want to fall in love---then i have to let myself fall
If i want a career i'm happy in---I have to try and reach it
If i want to be happy everyday---then i need to be happy
Surprisingly these concepts i have never really stopped and thought about, and after he told me these things I realized i had known these things all along, i just never stopped to take a breath and do these things. When i'm feeling down I look at the the things i haven't accomplished, instead i should be looking at the things i have accomplished and continue making plans for future accomplishments. How difficult can that be?
Sometimes it seems more difficult than it actually is. It is all a frame of mind, if i want to be positive about life, than my life will be positive. How else could it be. I'm the boss and the one who runs my life.
Basically i'm sick of taking the back seat and watching others accomplish things that i know I am capable of. And i'm promising to myself that i'm going to make that change and do the things i set out to do and have the optimism that will help me do it.
I think I am a confident and social person who has potential but is scared to reach it. And for once in my life and really determined to reach that potential.

I have this saying that is at the end of every email that i send from my email and i think it fits perfectly with what i am trying to say :

Dance as though no one is watching
Love as though you have never been hurt before
Sing as though no one can hear you
Live as though heaven is on earth

No comments: