Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blessings


Just like the title says I'm writing about blessings, the kind you receive from a bishop, home teacher, father, or in my case Uncle.

Last night I wasn't feeling very well just about life in general and needed some insight from the Lord. And i'm working on making my prayers more meaningful and worth while but I needed something more substantial and concrete. So I asked my Uncle Eddie if he would be willing to give me a blessing.
First off, I have always loved blessings.
I just have never always been sure about them...

A reason why I do like them so much is when I was younger and would receive them, I would be extremely skeptical and would always be like, "well that's just my uncle saying blah blah blah..do do do ." you know? So one day I was having a very hard day in which I hadn't told anyone about. That evening I asked for a blessing from my Uncle and he didn't know specifics, but he knew that I was heartsick and having thoughts and questions that needed answered. It blew my mind away and from that moment on I gave a little more credit and faith in blessings.

Back to last night,
He gave me a blessing. I had told him that I wanted one for doing well in school and just life in general. I could not have asked for more in a blessing. And things that were said in the blessing I needed to hear and it just gave me that little boost that i have needed for awhile. One point in the blessing was that I needed to listen closely for answers to my prayers, that it wouldn't come in a hum drum/ singing choirs of angels way. I needed to have it quiet and listen intently....I know...but it gives me more reassurance that he knows im praying for answers, I just need to take time and listen for those answers.

I'm pretty positive that there is a heavenly father, who really listens when think we don't need him and when we do.

2 comments:

Liesl said...

I'm really happy for you, Brianna. I'm pretty positive there's someone up there listening, too.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog!